Solved! replacement battery issues

verndewd

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
a couple years ago I was taking a break from college work , and i come in the house from a smoke break and,,,cra!! cats dumped a glass of water on my mac and its lookin dead. I immediately unplugged it, opened it up and got some denatured alcohol through it, called up college, i was screwed , and blah blah , anyway the denatured alcohol did a great job of displacing the water, it was summer so it evaporated quickly and yayy booted up with no immediate issues, until i noticed the battery read dead. Im a broke college student at the time so i though, well I can make it through college without one.
I found a cheap battery maybe on ebay or something and its never read fully charged outside of a few times, the former battery actually bulged enough to \displace the track pad,,, yeah im like , hell that could have gone sideways. anyway is it a cheap battery deal or is it maybe a messed up capacitor? Ive read that some cheap batteries do this.

Solution
Yup, cheap batteries definitely do this. In fact, all rechargable batteries do this, but quality ones last quite a bit longer before starting to bulge. I know that it isn't what you wanted to hear - but get either an original battery, or a quality replacement. Cheap ebay models are just that.... cheap.

herrwizo

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Yup, cheap batteries definitely do this. In fact, all rechargable batteries do this, but quality ones last quite a bit longer before starting to bulge. I know that it isn't what you wanted to hear - but get either an original battery, or a quality replacement. Cheap ebay models are just that.... cheap.

Solution