Replacement for Sennheiser PC 350

Scou

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I've had a set of Sennheiser PC 350's for about 6 years now, and they have been great in terms of comfort and sound quality. Microphone was good while it worked, but it stopped working about 2 years ago (not really sure why, cable had been pulled on a little hard a few times so that could be the reason). The pads have been flaking pretty bad for a while now, but as I understand it that's just something that happens eventually.

But between the pads and the microphone and actually having money now it's time to replace them (I know I can replace the pads but I would like working mic so I don't have to use a cheap webcam one). Here's the thing, I have a giant head. Like, it's unnaturally large. I also have very large ears (a child in Korea was trying to describe me once in is limited English, so he decided to go with "donkey" :p ). The PC 350 has been amazing. It fits on my head with no issue and it fits all the way around my ears as well (not all around the ear headphones do that for me).

So in getting a replacement, I am trying to find one that will keep the same qualities of the PC 350, specifically the size. If the 350 was still for sale I might just get a new one, but I'm not finding it anywhere I'm willing to buy from. I found the PC 350 SE on amazon for $189, so that is one option. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Specifically if you have used the 350 and have tried something newer that fits the same profile that would be great, thanks!

Oh, and I guess I didn't mention, but these will be pretty much exclusively for gaming, including taking them to LANs, if that matters at all.

Solution
i believe the game zero is based on the pc350se which would make the game zero similar to what you have now and worth looking at.

the game one is better and is based on the superior hd598 with an open design instead of closed.

the pc363d is nice as well, however i would generally say the game one is a better choice.

Scou

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
It is a pretty amusing story, I'll give you that. Sennheiser could use it for an funny commercial if they did commercials (our headphones even fit on a donkey or something). :p

Anyway, the PC 360 looks nice, but $390 is a little on the steep end for me. Trying to stay below $300, and closer to $200 wouldn't hurt (though I'll go with a nice one for $300 over a decent one for $200).

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
The 360 are discontinued and overpriced. Do not buy that headset.

For $180 there is the Sennheiser GAME ONE which isn't too bad for what you get. I believe the drivers are based of the HD 5xx series.

A cheaper route would be to buy a pair of good stereo headphones and attatch a mic to them, effectively making your own headset. That would greatly broaden your horizon in terms of choice and would be a cheaper route as well. Let me know if you're interested.

Scou

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I'm not sure I'm up for the extra effort of making my own. I'm sure it wouldn't be very hard, but I lean towards just spending some money and getting something that works (also throwing stereo headphones into the mix would probably just confuse me more as I'm already mostly lost when it comes to sound related discussion).

I'll look into the GAME ONE as well. From the suggestions listed so far, is it safe to assume that pretty much all of the Sennheiser gaming headsets will match the PC 350 for size and fit?

i believe the game zero is based on the pc350se which would make the game zero similar to what you have now and worth looking at.

the game one is better and is based on the superior hd598 with an open design instead of closed.

the pc363d is nice as well, however i would generally say the game one is a better choice.

Solution

Scou

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I think I'm going to go with the Game Zero's. After looking at a lot of options (including a modmic) it came down to the Game One's or the Game Zeros and I do go to some LANs as well as share a computer room with my wife, so a closed design is probably better then an open design for me (I haven't actually tried out high end open headsets for gaming before, I'd love to give it a chance, but in the long run I'll probably need closed).