Solved! Replacing graphic card

Feb 5, 2019
I have HP-15cc-129TX laptop with integrated 620UHD graphics and dedicated 940mx graphics ,core i5-8th gen 8250zu ,
Can i replace my 940MX with 1060 6gb??

Solution
The answer is NO.

Last time I saw a swappable GPU was in a 12-year-old Toshiba (it was an AMD unit). Up until some 7 years ago, you could still swap the CPU in some ThinkPads and Precisions, but nowadays you can't even access the RAM modules in more and more consumer-grade laptops. And lately, the hard disk seems set to be encased on the motherboard thus forcing you to buy a new machine if you have any kind of software or hardware failure.

Sorry.
Oct 5, 2018
I don’t know for sure, but it’s very unlikely. I had the same problem as you, my laptop couldn’t handle everything I wanted to do. I built a cheaper PC for $600 USD. If you want help getting into researching building your own pc, I can help.

The answer is NO.

Last time I saw a swappable GPU was in a 12-year-old Toshiba (it was an AMD unit). Up until some 7 years ago, you could still swap the CPU in some ThinkPads and Precisions, but nowadays you can't even access the RAM modules in more and more consumer-grade laptops. And lately, the hard disk seems set to be encased on the motherboard thus forcing you to buy a new machine if you have any kind of software or hardware failure.

Sorry.

Solution