Report: 3DS "Replacement" Has 2 Analog Sticks, Less 3D

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
"The problem is that Nintendo is facing an app-ruled market where gamers have turned to iOS and Android to play shorter, cheaper games. "

Please stop saying this, it is straight up not true. Gamers have not changed at all, there is just a NEW market of people that didnt normally play games before that are playing these other games. There is a reason new release megahits are still making a fortune of money, and they are not "shorter, cheaper games". MW2, battlefield series, mass effect, SC2, WoW, and more, are all selling better than games did 5 years ago. It is purely a NEW market, not a transition for the OLD market.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
And once again... IT'S NOT THE 3D!!!

It's the horribad library of games it has!!!

Don't take my word on this one, go check a store with a 3DS sample and judge the 3D feature for yourselves. It's quite good implemented and actually was the device to follow the steps in 3D. But Nintendo, as usual, screwed with developers making no games for the 3DS at all. For all 3D haters, just one phrase: "eye candy is eye candy".

Cheers!

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]td854[/nom]You're basically contradicting yourself there, first you say it didn't flop then you give a reason of why it did flop. Face it, that's just how it is, it's happened before and it'll happen again, some systems just don't have good games when they first come out. It doesn't mean it won't pick up eventually but for now amabhy is right, it has flopped.[/citation]

when im thinking flop im thinking a failed venture that you have to cut your losses, think virtural boy

what nintendo did was put out the console, promised new first party games monthly till christmass, and hasn't delivered anything worth picking up. its not a flop, its just REALY poor management.

if they manage 5 games by christmass, this will be a major item, but the launch was such... lack luster titles, and the only good launch, street fighter, no one serious about that game would get it on the 3ds because of the way capcom deals with their games, a new one will be out soon enough, and the first one will be useless and a wasted game when it comes out, because it was a launch game.

this is not a flop, its just poor launch, cuppled with lieing to gamers about the game lineup, we largely took a few steps back from this because of nintendo.

G

Yup it's not the 3D,but the now putrid remakes.same garbage over an over again,since the nes.(im not saying the games are garbage per se but ,come on having the same titles for all the conseles,nes,gb,snes,gba,ds,dslite,etc,etc.)

G

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY VERY VERY SMART FOR NINTENDO TO RELEASE POKEMON BALCK/WHITE ON THE 3DS FIRST THEN ON THE ORIGANL DS A MONTH LATER... ALSO, THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD ZELDA READY AT LAUCH AND ALL THE ONLINE FEATURES SHOULD HAVE BEEN READY FROM THE VERY BEGINING. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A HUGE SUCCESS!!!!

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]No Nintendo systems need glasses for 3D, so I don't know what you're talking about. Even if you mean the Virtual Boy, the glasses are attached as part of the system~~
An analog stick dangling off the side seems useless and inconvenient.[/citation]
Duh on the glasses... I'm saying, "perhaps" todays 3D tech still requires glasses. And yes, I know what Virtual boy is.

Sure you can add another analog stick... just bolt it to theside of the unit!

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
I knew that 3DS will suck since I saw the specs. Instead of them putting as many CPU cores as possible and a powerful graphics with lots of RAM and to keep the price down as low as possible they decided they would create another VirtualBoy with unproven and useless technology - 3D.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]well early adopters get the shaft... AGAIN![/citation]

So what's wrong with getting the shaft? At least 3 billion human beings dream of getting the shaft!!! ....again... and ....again! Don't you like getting the shaft??? It must be good if so many people want it!

G

sigh, nintendo... its not the features that make a console, its the games... and that launch was pitiful... a port of street fighter and a bunch of flash games at $40 a pop that you find better free versions of at any flash arcade

as for remakes, thats completely reasonable just... dont have that be your feature titles without others... and whoever is bashing nintendo for shovelware should take a good hard look at the popular games on other consoles *cough* call of duty, any sports game, battlefield - at least in an adventure game you get more levels to play, not much changes between competitive games so you are just out $50+ for a slightly altered experience and a new single player that you probably won't play

I personally am dreading the launch lineup for the wii u.. because I doubt they have learned their lesson from the 3ds... also the controller is an abomination

consoles are for games FIRST, other features MAYBE and other features includes HD - I don't need a super detailed image of a skinned 3d model

Status
Not open for further replies.