Report: $99 iPhone 3GS in Time For the Holidays

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkz

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Mehh... I'm getting tired of phones, thinking about going back to my old old old old nokia 3220 jaja with the lights and all xD. When more stuff the phone has less things you use it for it's amazing. But that's just my case of course.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
Yeah with ATT's crappy service and Apple Almighty approving malware for use on their precious iPhone the only thing they could do now is cut the price. Time to by a Moto Droid on a "real" network.

santeana

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2003
liking the droid actually... just wanna wait and see what they will get for games on it. that would be the deciding factor for me. So far the iPhone/iPod are very impressive in that arena. If the droid can do that then I'll be going Moto for sure.

G

Why does everyone hate AT&T? My girlfriend had T-Mobile (she had a sidekick but thanks to their screw up now has an iphone) and it's the worst customer service of any carrier I've talked to. I called T-mobs for her because she was so frustrated. I spent 10 minutes on hold before getting ahold of someone. I call customer service for my phone and I have someone on the line in less than a minute. Did I mention she works for Verizon?

I've had Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T since it was Cingular. I've been on their "crappy" network since 2006 and I don't experience any of these "dropped calls" and "slow network" problems, or "poor reception" that everyone is constantly citing. It's funny, Verizon's "map for that commerical doesn't even list the entire northwest portion of my state as having 3G, yet we do and have for some time.

G

Why does everyone hate AT&T? My girlfriend had T-Mobile (she had a sidekick but thanks to their screw up now has an iphone) and it's the worst customer service of any carrier I've talked to. I called T-mobs for her because she was so frustrated. I spent 10 minutes on hold before getting ahold of someone. I call customer service for my phone and I have someone on the line in less than a minute. Did I mention she works for Verizon?

I've had Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T since it was Cingular. I've been on their "crappy" network since 2006 and I don't experience any of these "dropped calls" and "slow network" problems, or "poor reception" that everyone is constantly citing. It's funny, Verizon's "map for that commerical doesn't even list the entire northwest portion of my state as having 3G, yet we do and have for some time.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
When i think of phone service ATT comes to mind last. Their service is overpriced and under matched for quality VS. T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon. Too many people were suckered into that Iphone, sure it's a nice phone but you fools gave 32 onces of Blood and half your pay check to have it. Their is a fair price to have something cool and then theirs the take it up the keister price to have cool and Iphone buyers you took it hard and deep. I love the Iphone,but unless i get an unlocked Iphone it will never set foot in my house.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
everyone is bitching - and for a good reason - about the cost of the whole iPhone plan. However, one could notice that "unlimited" data plans are in the 30 dollars range regardless of the provider and these plans are required for the smartphones by most providers as well (if not by all - if you know a provider that does not require that especially when you get an "exclusive phone", let me know.
I think we should be bitching more about the price for the so-called unlimited internet, when it is actually capped at about 5 Gb and not really unlimited as it should be.

G

If AT&T would be a bit more flexible with their plans, I'd buy a $300 iPhone too ... Why should I pay $60-$70 a month if all I really want is a $30/month data plan (even with a 5GB limit) and pay per minute phone usage ... They won't even allow people to subscribe to their data only plan with the iPhone, but other smartphones are OK ... Silly rules.

G

People that complain about AT&T are clueless. Shop around and you will see that all U.S. phone carriers charge extra for smartphones. AT&T service is fine and it works as well or better than the others. It may differ depending on where you live. That is due to the coverage, that is not something that is easily changed for any carrier.

mook33

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
yeah, i'd upgrade from my 3G version; it does run much "snappier" it seems, along with longer battery life -- though I'm quite happy with the 3G for now, if this turns out to not be legit.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]ReluctantAdopter[/nom]I'm not a fan of apple, but I'm already locked into AT&T (work cell) and I'd gladly pay $99 to get something more functional than my POS HTC Diamond... Anything for a phone that doesn't battery drain in 6 hours of literally doing nothing, just being in the holster turned off...[/citation]
congratulation with you choice..
your phone battery will drain faster than 6 hours with the iphone

G

just get a family plan and you can all pay 30 dollars a month. incuding family plan package of course

pahtnah

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
I would. I already have an AT&T account. $30 a month extra for data plan, is that really expensive? Compared to all the others, AT&T is the best. As for the iPhone, to each there own. Some like it, and some hate it. I've heard nothing but rave reviews from ALL of my friends and I will be buying one with a discount once my current AT&T contract is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.