Report: Amazon Tablet Really PlayBook in Disguise

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtonge

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
HAHA 200 bucks so you can log into Amazon and buy their products. Last time I checked the Sears catalogue was free. This is genius only for those who want to be forced to do more business with Amazon.

I like the PlayBook the best, at 299. I admit 499 was sillly. You can't compete head on with Apple, let's be realistic, they have way to much momentum with consumers. But that doesn't mean their devices are better. The iPad isn't that portable and its slippery. I imagine most iPads never leave the house, and at most, visit a coffee shop once and awhile. They are not truly mobile devices and as such, had RIM come out with a 10" tablet, the media would have pounded it for what a failure and at 10""what were they thinking, what a failure"..

Had Jobs promoted a 7" pad, the market would have said "genius".. but such is the obsession that mainstream Apple bandwagon has with Jobs.

For years developers had desperately tried to promote Linux, and also many bloggers asked why Linux-based QNX wasn't on a mobile phone. Then they get their wish, and the media and Wall Street, who prefer corporate monopolies, pounded RIM and promoted their investment in Apple and Google which is over 50x the size of RIM market cap. Developers need to step up and start supporting Linux. RIM needs to reach out to the Linux community and show them why they should support QNX.

Status
Not open for further replies.