Report: Apple and MSFT Team Up Against Google

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8DKT

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
[citation][nom]darkknight22[/nom]I'm going to grab some popcorn, this should be interesting. At least Google is giving them both a very good run for their money.[/citation]

popcorn-1.gif

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I hate both Google and Apple.... both are pompous companies. Actually I hate AT&T too, and Time Warner for the same reasons. Wait, add nVidia to that list too (a newcomer). Maybe I'm just having a bad day???

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend", but "always keep your friends close and your enemies even closer."

Apple has a good philosophy.

jamesl

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]This one will have Apple and Microsoft fanboys blowing steam out their ears like a screaming kettle. How do you resolve such hatred against your perceived enemy when the companies in question buddy up.Either the hate is going to end and we all go into the future on the crst of a wave of technological love, or they will be so bitter and twisted they will give up using computers altogether and go back to reading "guns & ammo".But just imagine for a minute, close your eyes and have a dreamy rose-tinted view of the future if Microsoft and Apple collaberate for the betterment of the industry.1) Games that work on Apple. Not ported. Not 6 months after PCs - Native.2) Software compatability. Universal.3) Apple computers being cheaper.4) PCs looking beautiful.Sure its a pipe dream, but whats so bad about that?[/citation]
MS "fanboys" couldn't care less.
we're all for whatever gives us a better over all system at a lower price
it doesn't matter if MS teams up with apple, google, redhat or sun. Just so long as we get some benefits.

Apple fanboys, on the other hand, will cry and moan like the little cultists they are.
To them, apple is a religion and Jobs is their promised messiah. They can't stand that their messiah actually needs help from the MS devil.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Some competition against Google would be a good thing. I think having only one major search engine hasn't been a terribly great thing for innovation or for pricing. If this results in Google getting scholar out of beta and some other search refinements done I'm all for it.

I think MS has benefited from some strong Apple competition, it's pushed them to make some needed repairs and improvements to their software. I hope this has a similar effect on Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.