Report: Apple Sending Devs Dual-Core iPhone 4S

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

@rahjs86 : I have an iPhone 4 and it's very snappy. I don't have the calling problems you have. Of course I use the bumper on mine but it is very unobtrusive and I would rather not take a chance of dropping my phone and shattering the glass.

G

If they are sending my data, location, back to Apple and who knows who else after that, then it's just a spyphone5. When my present iphone dies, I'm out.

G

@Vironmentalman: Location data is not sent back to Apple it is just store on the phone and backed up on your computer.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]rakka[/nom]@Vironmentalman: Location data is not sent back to Apple it is just store on the phone and backed up on your computer.[/citation]
Not true. All of the collected location data is sent back to Apple. It doesn't really matter if the desktop iTunes software is sending the data or if the iPhone itself is sending the data to Apple, it's 100% completely wrong. Android collects location data differently than Apple. Android doesn't violate people's privacy like Apple does.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]BfB[/nom]Woooooo, he has an "Alienware" = WHOOPTY DO! What a friggin' LOSER! Next thing you'll hear is he has a Dell Streak.[/citation]
You do know that the Dell Streak does everything better than the iPhone don't you? You need to make sure you know what you're talking about before you start implying things like the Dell Streak is total crap when that's obviously not true.

G

Wow. People fighting over cell phone specs... the world is doomed.

kewlx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Only fail here is people like you who don't understand what people want. Apple already did research and found a lot of people don't like phones with bigger screens because they are uncomfortable to hold in your hand.This is especially true of woman. Why make a larger screen phone and make 50% of your potential customers pick something else because it "feels better" in their hands?It's only the spec geeks that think bigger is better. Perhaps they're all compensating for something else that's not all it should be.[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Your the fail here pal I dont care about "most people" its all about having the biggest baddest phone on the block just like having the best car or house. Yes it makes me feel better to have the more expensive biggest thing most cant afford. Much like when i go to the local internet cafe with my $3000 Alienware M17x R3 and just by pulling it out it owns every other crap Acer or Sony Lap the other goobs bring there just by its existence lol.[/citation]

Alienware is a expensive item that doesn't do much.. I could buy a Asus laptop that can overclock and comes standard at 8 GB ram ddr3 1600 mhz. and an i7 at 2.66ghz..Don't waste money on crap when you can go cheaper and better...[/citation]

Also What the hell Eric.. are you a women? because you talk like one thats dumb as ****. Why make accusations like a Id10T. Also did Apple really look into it or were they just saying? Apple says many things it doesn't actually look into.. People get the Iphone for the brand, not how it runs or anything else. Android is a better seller and by statistics because of the selling point it has made it must be better and therefore something that people like. Androids have bigger screens because real nerds like more estate and that means more can be done or seen on a larger screen albeit I doubt many actually want a 7 in screen in their 5 inch pocket. a 4-5 inch is just fine because smart phones are for the browsing online experience and business details that need more data on one screen. Smart phones are made to be used and exploring items in life and a 3 in screen with a $100 month plan doesn't make sense to look on a webpage on that small of a screen.

G

I think the iPhone is a perfect size, but then again, I only have a 32-inch waist and wear pants that actually fit. I suppose if you look like Kevin Smith and wear those fat pants with giant pockets, a huge phone is easier to carry around.

G

After putting up with the T,S and V companies.
I have returned to the A company!
Better service, plans and phones.
By the way I love my I-Phone.
The size of screen an phone are perfect for my
needs. No anntenna problems with mine!
Skaterboi21

G

"As is always the case with the release of a new iPhone, there’s plenty of rumors regarding the upcoming iPhone 5."

Your credibility would be improved by a quick grammar check. There plenty of rumors???

I'll check back when your editors graduate from high school...

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
@kewlx: You are the fool here. You think that every Android phone sold has a 4" or larger screen? I just bought my mother an Android phone (Samsung) and it has a very small screen. It was also dirt cheap, because it's nowhere in the same league as a Droid or Galaxy S. So your "statistics" mean shit, since Android only has higher sales figures because they have a wider range of phones, many with dinky little screens.

@soldier37: Oooohh, bragging about your Alienware laptop. I'd love to see what kind of house and car you (or maybe your parents) own. Then I can post mine if you like.

G

Note the name: 4S. This suggests it will not be a 4G capable device and is one reason I will not be upgrading. By the time Apple does 4G, I'll probably be on Android.

zkevwlu

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Your the fail here pal I dont care about "most people" its all about having the biggest baddest phone on the block just like having the best car or house. Yes it makes me feel better to have the more expensive biggest thing most cant afford. Much like when i go to the local internet cafe with my $3000 Alienware M17x R3 and just by pulling it out it owns every other crap Acer or Sony Lap the other goobs bring there just by its existence lol.[/citation]

If only the M17x is actually worth $3000 then it might make you look badass, In its current condition with maxed out specs it just makes you look like one the dimwits that overpays for hardware because of the brand.

Oh and how immature are you if you actually think bigger is better? You want a bigger phone? Go and buy yourself a cell phone from 1997. It's the size of a bloody brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.