Report: Apple Sending Devs Dual-Core iPhone 4S

Status
Not open for further replies.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]If the screen isn't alot bigger, more than 4 inches it will be Fail.[/citation]
Its an iphone, it could have a 1.5 inch screen and itll still be a success for most people that buys them

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
A smartphone should have a minimum of a 5-inch screen. Preferably it should have a 7-inch screen. Dell really knew what they were doing when they made the Streak 5. Dell just recently released an update for unlocked Streak 5's that includes Car Home software if you use your phone as a GPS unit or if you talk on the phone while driving (with a handsfree device of course, unless you're a complete and total moron).

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]If the screen isn't alot bigger, more than 4 inches it will be Fail.[/citation]
not true...if you want a bigger screen then get a freaking netbook.....this is a cell phone we are talking about

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]techguy378[/nom]A smartphone should have a minimum of a 5-inch screen. Preferably it should have a 7-inch screen. Dell really knew what they were doing when they made the Streak 5. Dell just recently released an update for unlocked Streak 5's that includes Car Home software if you use your phone as a GPS unit or if you talk on the phone while driving (with a handsfree device of course, unless you're a complete and total moron).[/citation]
wow...i guess americans like their phones the way they like their women....big and fat, lol

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
with people demanding so much from their smartphones, a dual core cpu upgrade is a welcome relief. plus a fix (finally?) to the antenna problem

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009

I don't see having that big of a screen as a necessity at all. And I highly doubt it will be "Fail"...

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Only fail here is people like you who don't understand what people want. Apple already did research and found a lot of people don't like phones with bigger screens because they are uncomfortable to hold in your hand.

This is especially true of woman. Why make a larger screen phone and make 50% of your potential customers pick something else because it "feels better" in their hands?

It's only the spec geeks that think bigger is better. Perhaps they're all compensating for something else that's not all it should be.

bloodlover

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
Isn't the the A5 CPU made by Samsung too ? So if they screw up things between them and Samsung with the things going on recently , won;t this affect the production of the new Iphones?

G

I would really like a smart phone with a 5.5 or 6 inch screen; maybe with a longer vertical dimension than is standard now. I have a Droid X now and find it to be slightly small. I am a tall man with big hands and thick fingers, and typing on the screen is awkward, especially in portrait orientation. I think there is definitely a sizable market for larger phones as well as smaller models. There should be an Iphone Nano and a larger version that is as close to tablet size as possible while still fitting in a pocket.

G

I personally find screen sizes within the 3.2 - 4.3 perfect for the average person. None of my friends, co-workers, or family have had screen problems within those sizes.

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]with people demanding so much from their smartphones, a dual core cpu upgrade is a welcome relief. plus a fix (finally?) to the antenna problem[/citation]

A lot of people point out this antenna issue that can easily be fixed by a case. I have a Nexus S right now and the bad thing that no one ever points out about android is the OS does a lot of weird things. I slide the talk bar to answer the phone on many occasions and it may freeze up for like 10 seconds after I slide it or the call system justs crashes. I have friends with Motorola Droids with the same problems. Whats the point of having all the customizable ability if the ability to make a phone call is crap.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]tramit[/nom]A lot of people point out this antenna issue that can easily be fixed by a case. I have a Nexus S right now and the bad thing that no one ever points out about android is the OS does a lot of weird things. I slide the talk bar to answer the phone on many occasions and it may freeze up for like 10 seconds after I slide it or the call system justs crashes. I have friends with Motorola Droids with the same problems. Whats the point of having all the customizable ability if the ability to make a phone call is crap.[/citation]

That has always been my beef with the Android platform. Awesome idea, and competition all around is good, but until they fix things like this, I will continue to be an Apple "fanboi."

Lately the answer to Android's random lagging has been faster cpu's and more ram. This just equals degraded battery performance to me. I want something smooth and efficient when i'm on the road. For home use, i have my quad core win7 PC :)

G

A5 = SAMSUNG CPU.

Interesting that apple is biting the hand that feeds them!

G

Woooooo, he has an "Alienware" = WHOOPTY DO! What a friggin' LOSER! Next thing you'll hear is he has a Dell Streak.

G

Well...Obviously the answer is for apple to design a 5 inch device with a 7 inch screen.

rahjs86

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
Tramit:
A lot of people point out this antenna issue that can easily be fixed by a case. I have a Nexus S right now and the bad thing that no one ever points out about android is the OS does a lot of weird things. I slide the talk bar to answer the phone on many occasions and it may freeze up for like 10 seconds after I slide it or the call system justs crashes. I have friends with Motorola Droids with the same problems. Whats the point of having all the customizable ability if the ability to make a phone call is crap.

So if i don't like a case on my iphone ? The antenna is a big problem, and i don't want a cheap fix. Also, I own the iphone 4 and the time to make a call is ridiculously long ... the lag between pressing the call button and the prompt is 5-6 secs. Also, the same with receiving calls.

rahjs86

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
Tramit:

So if i don't like a case on my iphone ? The antenna is a big problem, and i don't want a cheap fix. Also, I own the iphone 4 and the time to make a call is ridiculously long ... the lag between pressing the call button and the prompt is 5-6 secs. Also, the same with receiving calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.