Report: HTC Considering Purchasing an OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Loved what they did with HTC Diamond Windows Mobile 6. I haven't use HTC since they started using Android & everyone else too. So many choices now.

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Go to Mozilla & help them out in asking them to make an operating system. Let them trial it out,like online freeware. If it is accepted than the price will go up to a huge amount that your company will have to pay for it,but then you will have a well liked operating system.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
I'd vote yes for Web OS...maybe actually bring back the Palm name as well, it was very easily recognized and I think people remember it fondly. Might be worth a shot.

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Yeah! A Web OS,alright! That is what we need & it should be made by the Mozilla people,the same people that made firefox,opera & safari. Also they originally sold IE to microsoft.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]I'd vote yes for Web OS...maybe actually bring back the Palm name as well, it was very easily recognized and I think people remember it fondly. Might be worth a shot.[/citation]

I like the idea of bringing back Web OS for HTC, but the Palm name is about as dead as disco is. Now if you were to call a phone the HTC Palm... that would actually cover the old and the new!

guanyu210379

Distinguished
1. It is unwise to ditch Android and WP7 completely. Adding new option is very nice.
2. I like WebOS but it died too soon. This could be a good option.
3. Make sure the new OS will have enough downloadable apps to satisfy the future buyers.

G

[citation][nom]nikkidpartypooper[/nom]Yeah! Go to mozilla the same people that made firefox & give them ago.[/citation]

[citation][nom]Wish I Was Wealthy[/nom]Yeah! A Web OS,alright! That is what we need & it should be made by the Mozilla people,the same people that made firefox,opera & safari. Also they originally sold IE to microsoft.[/citation]

I dont want to be a dee eye see kay or anything, but is this what we have to look forward too in reading comments? This is a farely recent development I've been noticing from article to article. You two are the same person. You say the same things. You use the same or similar emoticons. Your overall style is unique but so similar between these 2 accounts that appear back to back in so many articles recently. Are you really that bored? You can comment all you want, just don't ruin it for the more serious readers. Let's make this community better...

kk~ thanx la~

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Perhaps HTC was the potential customer of webOS. Regardless of that however, HTC needs to do some serious work to gain acceptance - Samsung's own Bada is sliding down the slope of obscurity.

G

i hope HTC keeps its android side, would hate to loose a company with such good phone quality.

yes im a big android fanboi, but im an HTC fanboi cause i like their performance/look/power i also like htc sense alot.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I hope they pick up the WebOS mantle... keep making android and windows phone 7 of coarse, btu WebOS did get soem good market footing... palm just did what they do made a good preoduct and didn't update it or keep comign out with new updaed phones and when we got the palm pre 2 it was a minor upgrade at best... a first rate hardware company like htc making updates and multiple platforms for WebOS woudl be very nice to see.

njt

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011
webos? imho they should go for vxworks. do some work on improving linux compatibility and/or build a translation layer that'd enable them to run any android apps on it then use their sense ui as an example of how well it works instead of doing a port. that would be simpler than starting from scratch and have to woo developers away from other phone os's.

damn the browser crashed. sorry if double-posted.

lucky015

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Don't really see the need for another, Web OS already killed one amazing device, There's no need to let it kill another, As much as I'd like to see something outright replace WP7 there isn't really a need for anything to do so, Android is adaptive enough to become anything WP7 is not and WP7 is little more than an annoying immortal.

lucky015

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
A Mozilla OS would be a decent idea though, Could allow tablets to become closer to what they really are, A Glorified Web Browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.