Report: HTC EVO 4G to Cost $400, Launching June 6

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]June 6th - D Day - Allied invasion of Normandy during World War II.[/citation]

The heck? You are in the wrong forum.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]johnh2005[/nom]Oh, and watch the video at about 1:45 seconds remaining is where the guy says he called the iPhone and it never rang...[/citation]
Wow... How can any phone, smart phone or not win at all if the phone call did not go through? Reliable calling is a primary thing I look for in a phone, if a phone can't reliably let calls in or make calls it's out of my comparisons period...

jkay69

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
@Camikazi

Yeah another Apple win, making a phone that's not very good as a phone. Just gloss it over with style and a slick interface and no-one will care...Wait a minute, weren't microsoft blasted by Apple for years over releasing OS's that weren't very good at being OS's for years?!?!

Looks like Apple is going for the Microsoft crown :) lol

Morgan3rd

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
I hope something like this comes out for T-Mobile. Don't get me wrong the HD2 looks absolutely sexy, but I think I'll wait for the fall to see what they come up with for windows phone 7, then probably just end up getting an android phone.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
My only problem is sprint. If you dont travel and live in 1 of the three places that get 4g reliably, I'd get this. But at that point why bother? Use a laptop since you obviously never go anywhere any way. Sprint is a joke carrier. They dont even cover all of the San Francisco area, not to mention the space between MAJOR cities.
That said, if this device ever comes to a non-suck carrier I'd be first on the line to grab it up. But by the time it does, it's gonna have its ass handed to it by the newer faster offerings from either Intel or ARM with dual cores and what not. As such, I deem this phone - FAIL.
As to 4G, 700-1200kbit is fast enough for my phone uses, so 4g is moot. I'll keep Verizon.

blainer27

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
[citation][nom]TheKurrgan[/nom]My only problem is sprint. If you dont travel and live in 1 of the three places that get 4g reliably, I'd get this. But at that point why bother? Use a laptop since you obviously never go anywhere any way. Sprint is a joke carrier. They dont even cover all of the San Francisco area, not to mention the space between MAJOR cities.That said, if this device ever comes to a non-suck carrier I'd be first on the line to grab it up. But by the time it does, it's gonna have its ass handed to it by the newer faster offerings from either Intel or ARM with dual cores and what not. As such, I deem this phone - FAIL.As to 4G, 700-1200kbit is fast enough for my phone uses, so 4g is moot. I'll keep Verizon.[/citation]

Just curious but do you even live in the Bay Area? I'm on Sprint now, live in Walnut Creek, go to school in Pleasant Hill, and frequently spend my free time in SF, and I've had nothing but excellent service with Sprint. Verizon does have "better" coverage I'm sure, but where? I have yet to run into anywhere that I don't get 3G coverage from Sprint and my bill is vastly cheaper in comparison with any other carrier.

G

Iono about sprint. not in my neck of the woods anyways. i get dropped calls every time i hit the grapevine. mighty impressive phone though. gj htc.

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
[citation][nom]TheKurrgan[/nom]My only problem is sprint. If you dont travel and live in 1 of the three places that get 4g reliably, I'd get this. But at that point why bother? Use a laptop since you obviously never go anywhere any way. Sprint is a joke carrier. They dont even cover all of the San Francisco area, not to mention the space between MAJOR cities.That said, if this device ever comes to a non-suck carrier I'd be first on the line to grab it up. But by the time it does, it's gonna have its ass handed to it by the newer faster offerings from either Intel or ARM with dual cores and what not. As such, I deem this phone - FAIL.As to 4G, 700-1200kbit is fast enough for my phone uses, so 4g is moot. I'll keep Verizon.[/citation]

4G is next generation, it should be with all carriers in about a year or so. Give it a break

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
[citation][nom]netetrader1[/nom]Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33BOOT $50Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL 2,TL3) $35Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $35Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30Sunglasses(Oakey,c oach,gucci,Armaini) $16New era cap $15Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $25FREE sHIPPINGwww.netetrader.com...... , . - . - , _ , .................. ) ` - . .> ' `( ............... / . . . .`\ . . \ ................ |. . . . . |. . .| ................. \ . . . ./ . ./ ..................... `=)\ /.=` ....................... `-;`.-' ............................ `)| ... , ......................... || _.-'| ...................... ,_|| \_,/ ................. , ..... \|| .' .................... |\ |\ ,. ||/ .................. ,..\` | /|.,|Y\, ................. '-...'-._..\||/ ...................... >_.-`Y| ...............[/citation]

I'm confused, are you saying we need to get our mothers nike shoes for mother's day?

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
Now I have to check out sprint. Seems the carrier is well vetted in this thread. Usually people are complaining about service providers. Phone looks pretty awesome. My problem is I'd never fully utilize it's potential.

bucherm

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]so... where are the SPECIFICATIONS so we can discuss the product and not just some box art?[/citation]
Try clicking on the pictures of the fliers.

robcope1965

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
My only problem is sprint. If you dont travel and live in 1 of the three places that get 4g reliably, I'd get this. But at that point why bother? Use a laptop since you obviously never go anywhere any way. Sprint is a joke carrier. They dont even cover all of the San Francisco area, not to mention the space between MAJOR cities.That said, if this device ever comes to a non-suck carrier I'd be first on the line to grab it up. But by the time it does, it's gonna have its ass handed to it by the newer faster offerings from either Intel or ARM with dual cores and what not. As such, I deem this phone - FAIL.As to 4G, 700-1200kbit is fast enough for my phone uses, so 4g is moot. I'll keep Verizon.

Funny, I live in Vegas, visit friends in SoCal and my family is in West Texas. I travel between these areas regularly and rarely lose the signal. I have been with sprint for over twelve years and thier service keeps getting better, not to mention, prices are great and I can upgrade my phone every year. Maybe you should take another look.

miloo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
really depends on what's the monthly fees ~, I want to quit the stupid AT&T iPhone freaking plan ~ it cost me like 70 bucks monthly ~

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
Two days ago I was at a local Radio Shack in the Phoenix, Arizona area. I was looking for an indoor HD TV antenna for a friend. I noticed one of those documents for the HTC by the Sprint cellphone section. I'm not up to date on smart phones so I had no idea what it was but the screen looked cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.