Report: IE10 For Windows 7 May Be Close to RTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
I still use IE along with Opera. Believe it or not... IE for dangerous browsing and Opera for day to day.

P.s. I bet you've all got the pop-up blocker set to medium INSTEAD of High... No wonder you get pop-ups.

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]You hear that?That's the sound of millions of users not giving a shit.[/citation]

Actually, IE10 for Windows 7 screams "Thank you God" for millions in companies that have to rely on Internet Explorer to get the job done and to all folk in schools, who are allowed to use only an Active-X browser.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
The top of the Window in the final version of IE 10 is still the same as in the Preview version (or IE 9) ? As it is, it looks like it's under utilized, as if it's a placeholder for something that isn't there, it makes IE look likea generic, unbranded browser.

Also, as one user said on Microsoft's site, the Preview version's scroll bar did not conform to Windows 7 usability guidelines (it uses Windows 8 style, which is actually a bit confusing to determine what is the bar and what is the free space), I hope they fixed that, it was one of the most annoying things I noticed right away when I installed the Preview version to try it out. And as it seems, many other people did too, this comment was the first on their blog post detailing the release of the Preview of IE 10 for Windows 7.

jakes69

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
people that complained about IE never bother to update it to latest version...but they almost always updated Chrome, FF...etc.

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
If I didn't use Waterfox I'd say its a crying shame. IE really isn't THAT BAD. I can use it in a pinch because its familiar but just don't care for it.
But...
With that being said, if Waterfox went to hell in a handbasket I'd like an alternative browser for my Win7 outside of Opera and Chrome.

Can this be yet another push by Microsoft of the consumer towards the horror which is Windows 8?
And before you scream hater, yes, I tried it, no I cannot stand it. If I didn't shave my head I would have yanked all my hair out 30 minutes in.

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
[citation][nom]p05esto[/nom]i like ie over other browsers, hands down.[/citation]

Well..it is the fastestm, safest and uncomplicated to use, so good for you :D

G

I just wish they would release a 100% w3c compliant browser instead of seemingly going out of their way to drive web developers insane adding workarounds.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]damianrobertjones[/nom]I still use IE along with Opera. Believe it or not... IE for dangerous browsing and Opera for day to day.P.s. I bet you've all got the pop-up blocker set to medium INSTEAD of High... No wonder you get pop-ups.[/citation]
IE is usually a security disaster... not sure what you're thinking there bro

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
If windows XP is still a considerable portion of windows users, then what is the excuse of MS for not giving updated internet explorer to them? It does not make much sense to me. Excuses MS can find a lot, but if all other browsers work fine in XP, as in 7 or 8, and IE 9 won't be even considered for XP...
Makes me wonder what might MS be doing when they will not want to bother to carter to my W7 needs so I may turn gradually to metro.

Status
Not open for further replies.