Report: iPhone 4 and 5 Coming to Sprint in October

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
It's closed in terms of what you can do with the OS and the hardware compared to Droid.

besides, if you scroll up, i mentioned the opposite perspective as well

eeide

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Cirdecus[/nom]It's closed in terms of what you can do with the OS and the hardware compared to Droid.besides, if you scroll up, i mentioned the opposite perspective as well[/citation]
Exactly what are you are getting out of an Android that is so superior to an iPhone? Every Android I have dealt with is locked down. In order to take full advantage you have to root it! Same thing as jail breaking. I think they both have great feature sets, but I don't understand why people think you can't do anything with an iPhone. Some of the best mobile software out there is iOS only. You provided both perspectives but spun it in a negative way. Please provide some actuals facts not just opinions.

I have had 3 Android phones and couldn't find anything that made it superior to iOS. The one major issue I have with Android is full backup restore is non-existent out of the box. If I end up with an iPhone 5 it is just a 1 click process to make it identical to my iPhone 4! All apps, settings, etc, are there. I use Airvideo a ton and there is no apps on Android that have that functionality. Until recently there were no decent NZB apps on Android. I use myNZB all the time and still have not found one with near the polish on Android.

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
They are both good phones for different people. Android is not just for tech tho, they now have a larger market share than apple. But Apple does make things simple and a solid platform. I would love to see apple add real multi tasking, and a free gps with voice guidance, and able to edit documents and email them to people easy like android can. If these features come out on the new iphone i might swap sides. iphone still has the most apps and often the ones that are shared from apple to android are better on iphone. And games apple wins hands down esp ipad (but thats a different topic)

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]Cirdecus[/nom]Droid - Open platform, allows tech junkies to bury their heads in their phones and customize/control every part of their computing device.[/citation]

[citation][nom]Cirdecus[/nomApple - Closed platform. Eliminates all the fun for tech junkies and rides the line of control which every IT person hates.[/citation]

Apple devices can be jail broken, making then just as open source as anything else.. And any non-fanboi tech junkie would know that.. Thus your entire point is moot..

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]kj3639[/nom]As a long time Sprint customer, I'll be sticking with the high-end Android devices. The closed source, restrictive nature of iOS just kills it for me. Alas, this is a good thing for Sprint, as those teenage girls need something I guess...[/citation]
As a tech savvy person I can agree with you. You can do much more withe an Android phone. But right now if I had to choose what kind of phone to put in my wife's hands IPhone or Android?...I would have to go with and IPhone because it just works and is simple to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.