Report: Kids Are Getting High Off MP3s

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
WTF is this BS?? I fail to see how pressure waves (sound) can alter brain chemistry. And to call it a "drug" is ludicrous. Is Oklahoma populated by idiots or something??

PLiNkO

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Can anyone front me a couple of mp3's till Friday. All I have are a couple of vinyl LP's and an 8-Track some guy sold me and there bunk.

wawa sxm

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
[citation][nom]pojih[/nom]Umm, after taking things that could/will make you freak out, this is some nonsense.Where are the parents today?! Its about time that someone besides the record industry/internet/drug dealers take responsibility for the CHILDREN that are having issues. And yes, parents are responsible for their CHILDREN younger than 18[/citation]
i like to c you be ahead in these things when ur forty....

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
The Riaa is behind this they want all mp3's banned so they started this fake digital drug thing, if anyone really believes this then watch out for santa on your roof this xmas.

G

Music at is earliest form has been used as a source of emotional alteration, it makes you think and feel differently when focused upon!

This is perfectly normal, and we humans have developed a massive industry revolving around this need for new and different forms of this mind altering music.

I am just so glad my kids will be getting HIGH from this absolutely harmless "MIND ALTERING DRUG CALLLED SOUND"

Its so much better than all the chemicals I took as a youth, wow they could have really messed me up!

Personally, a bit of the classical taste gets me going more than any other type of music!

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]makotech222[/nom]sorry, i only listen to FLAC drugs. MP3's are for wimps[/citation]

You have no idea how hard that made me laugh.

But seriously, I thought this was a joke. Can't believe some kids get high off a stupid sound.

gti88

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
One japanese man also claims that his mp3-s are inducing growth of breasts. But I'm a man, and I'm afraid to check if it's true :)

G

tried some "hand of god" and "gate of hades" and it had no effect on me.. except maybe almost getting deaf when playing it on maximum volume on my enormous headphones

glassice

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
That's just a bunch of junk, it's just a Junky App (I-Doser) and a waste of your money for those freak noises in your ears, it's so harmful for your ears.

Dirty Durden

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Have you tried it? I put the headphones on (youtube)& turned it up. It play for about 10sec & I throw the headphone off with my skin crawling. Not to sound loony or something but Satan was the princes of Music.

Status
Not open for further replies.