Report: Next Gen iPhone On the Way?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrabbitb

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2006
@mallcitybear

"Your not going to see a keyboard, give up on a removable battery, and if you think that you are going to get HDTV in a 3 to 4 inch screen, then expect to break the laws of physics or ecpect to pay $10,000, these things are not going to happen."

keyboard could easily exist on iPhone3, it already exists on the competition. removable batteries are part of some EU laws about clean disposal of materials so we should be seeing them. Having an HDMI output would be nice, the content on the device shouldn't be that high quality but video recording or pictures at 720i (counts as HD but still sucks) is very realistic and you may want to show off those pics and video by plugging directly into a friends HDTV.

radguy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
Know how many iphones apple has sold. They would be stupid not to have new one this summer with at least some decent upgrades. Personally all I really want is for it to be faster. The processor needs an upgrade and wifi web needs to be quicker. The rest would be nice but thats what it needs.

BlueKarma

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
I vote for an iPhone for Verizon Wireless! I moved from AT&T to Verizon a few years ago and will not go back, not even for an iPhone. I'd rather be stuck with Verizons crappy phone selection than move back to AT&T's crappy coverage & consistantly dropped calls, but I'm sure an iPhone for Verizon would surely sell like hotcakes.

Ralf the Dog

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
A new lithium polymer battery. If you want to add new hardware features, you need more power else you have a phone that works 15 minutes between charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.