Report: Pre to Steal new iPhone's Launch Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
It looks really ugly lol.

The only thing I want is still an iPhone, but I'll wait when it's either unlocked at the current prices or they drop the unlocked iPhones (you can get them in HKG unlocked legally).

G

If Palm supports this like their other products, it's dead on arrival. I bought a Tungsten T3 a few years back, and now it's useless. Go to hell Palm

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]deltatux[/nom]It looks really ugly lol.The only thing I want is still an iPhone, but I'll wait when it's either unlocked at the current prices or they drop the unlocked iPhones (you can get them in HKG unlocked legally).[/citation]
spoken like a true fanboy.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I don't really like the iPhone, but it is much better looking than this. That said, I base my purchases more on features / specs than looks (though they do count a bit).

G

I never did hear if the Palm got the multi-touch stuff worked out. Last I understood Apple got the patent for multitouch on a small device and were trying to kill the Pre before it even got out.
If Palm can get an SDK with an applications store-like interface, I think they could make a successful device.

jtsx1

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
I think the phone only being offered on SPrint network will be its downfall, regardless of what it has to offer. Next!

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
I own an iPhone and i must say although some of the stuff on the pre looks like the iPhone OS i like the simple look of what they did. I would not mind seeing the final product.

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
SPRINT?!?! could you have chosen a better choice? NO, lets see i know about 80 million people that have sprint, oh wait thats verizon, I dont even know anyone who has sprint. if they this phone to be good, they need a good network, Sprint is one of the worst. bad service, thats all ive heard about it.

G

Once the new iPhone specs are released Pre will be a thing of the past.

hustler539

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
uggh, everytime a new phone or gadget with multimedia capabilities emerges everyone is so quick to call it an "iphone killer". This annoys me, why can't people just take it for what it is and stop trying to compare it to the iphone, which I am not a fan of and don't find to be that great...it's a douche phone.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
I think it comes down to:
what's the browser? (with flash?)
how good is the virtual keyboard?
how fast is the UI?
does it open attachments?
how does it synch? (exchange support?)
how long does the battery last?

beyond that, it's just another phone.

G

It will not steal iPhone's thunder. If they release the pre any time around June 8 it will be lost in the flood of iPhone rumors and news.

Status
Not open for further replies.