Report: RIM's New BlackBerrys to Run Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
The KEYBOARD RULES!!!!

I like the BlackBerry products.

Bottom line as cute and trendy as the touch pad/phones are they are not easy to be productive with and I feel they are absolutely awkward to effectively use except for the most casual use. I frankly HATE touch pad items of any kind.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
THE KEYBOARD RULES, AND ALWAYS WILL

Sure touchpad items are cool and "trendy" for mindless hipsters and the monkey see monkey doo crowd, but if you want a really useful and practical tool to do anything more than the most casual trivial tasks you need a physical keyboard!

I'll never buy a device without a physical keyboard of some sort.

Touchpads are for hipsters that follow the crowd and mindless do what "everyone else" does to look cool, when in reality they look foolish.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
b]THE KEYBOARD RULES, AND ALWAYS WILL[/b]

Sure touchpad items are cool and "trendy" for mindless hipsters and the monkey see monkey doo crowd, but if you want a really useful and practical tool to do anything more than the most casual trivial tasks you need a physical keyboard!

I'll never buy a device without a physical keyboard of some sort.

Touchpads are for hipsters that follow the crowd and mindless do what "everyone else" does to look cool, when in reality they look foolish.

G

i'm not sure android apps on blackberry is a good idea. won't they be buggy and/or somewhat slower? and what about screen sizes and resolutions?

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
How about native Android apps and games??? If RIM can do that and their OS is suitable for android development - their devices will be very attractive once again (if the price is right - yeah HP showed everybody the right price for these types of devices).

guanyu210379

Distinguished
I like Android (or its apps) and I like BBM.
Currently, I am using Android since RIM is sh*t.
I really hope that one day I am able tohave both Android (or its app) and BBM altogether.

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]WhysoBluepandabear[/nom]Legacy, you're a douche bag -- A stupid douche bag to boot. Touch screens and virtual keyboards far excel physical keyboards -- there's nothing "Trendy" about it. In terms of functionality and efficiency, I can far out-do someone that can only complete tasks by physical buttons. Good look swyping on a physical keyboard. Oh, and the 110 year old person is saying the same thing about the physical keyboard that you're just so in love with; "Keyboards are for hipsters who can only comprehend monkey see, monkey do". Yeah, that's how retarded you sound.[/citation]

Your a dumbass to boot.
Physical keyboards are more ergonomic and easier to type for the vast majority. So whether you claim you can out type someone, guarantee you could do it a lot quicker on an actual keyboard.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]WhysoBluepandabear[/nom]Touch screens and virtual keyboards far excel physical keyboards -- there's nothing "Trendy" about it. .[/citation]

That's the stupidest thing I've heard this whole year. And I've heard a lot of stupid things this year...

blobos

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
It all comes down to preference for how you want to type. But virtual keyboard typing on the phone does have the fastest typing record.
Fanboys are the worst, rim or apple.

Back to the article, I don't see why they shouldn't just drop QNX.

LukeyB

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Sounds good. QNX is noted for creating very stable and secure software, so maybe the Android Malware will have no effect. We'll see. BB7 was a step in the right direction for RIM, but this new QNX platform is going to have to be leaps and bounds ahead of Apple and Google to even get noticed.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
My screen is sooooo greasy, uck!!!!!

But everyone is telling me how "cool" it looks. I suppose you could lick it clean in a pinch.

Virtual keyboards are like the "cloud", full of hype but little substance when you look more closely.

Partizan92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
There is nothing "Trendy" about touch screens.... in some cases as in automated systems touch screens are a necessity... sometimes you cant have a separate keyboard and a screen... in every way I prefer to use touch screens cause they take less space than having a separate keyboard

G

anyone that get emotionally swayed enough to call someone they don't know a douchbag bc of a keyboard is a loser. period

Status
Not open for further replies.