Report: Samsung Nexus Two Coming November 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

danieth

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
same here.... and, in my opinion, the droid is a step above the galaxy S, but just my opinion. The Nexus was given to HTC last time, and i think that Samsung will do a very good job on this smartphone. While the Galaxy S is nice, it doesnt have the Awe of a Droid. By the way, i had a Nexus, and went back and got a Galaxy S after about a year... I am not a Droid fanboy....

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Well given that motorolla's entire droid line up debuted on Verizon and there is a Galaxy S there as well, I think you should be ok ;)

I am just glad I am happy with my HTC Incredible, otherwise I would have serious phone envy haha

MAGPC

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
well, a phone whose hardware is from samsung, software from HTC, and a camera from sony ericsson.
Imagine sense UI on top of the superamoled screen, and an 8 or 12 mp snapper.
Just dreaming.

G

I just hope they don't have another UI covering up the Android one. I must say, I've used most of the UI's, excluding droid unfortunately, and I greatly prefer my Nexus One for its simplicity.

Also, I'm REALLY pulling for a Tegra chipset.

Morgan3rd

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
I love the screen on the Galaxy S... but It burns so much battery. If they could make them more power efficient than I'd say Samsung, otherwise I'd say Motorola.

pcworm

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
Samsung FTW
I have the galaxy S I9000
actually its pretty hard to drain the battery in a single day..
but the screen quality is worth it..
you should have it to feel the difference
after my Galaxy S, I will not buy any phones without S-AMOLED

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
I have the i897 Galaxy S (Captivate) rooted with Cognition 2.2 (Froyo) Beta7. I have to say I agree with a few others and hope that it doesn't come with Touch-Wiz. It really slows down the phone and you don't notice untill you install a custom ROM. I am interested in seeing what Samsung cooks up in their new line.

suoeno

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
@The Greater Good
I think 1 of the basic criteria to win the Nexus bad are about agreeing to only make the phone MINUS any sort of custom/house UI skins so you're well covered there.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
This is very unfortunate considering how buggy the Samsung Captivate phone is. The Captivate has a very serious and widespread hardware bug that causes it to randomly power off about 20-30 min after the screen shuts off. The phone acts as though the battery were pulled. Instead of fixing the problem Samsung has chosen to pretend that it doesn't exist.

If this is the build quality that one can expect from Samsung then it seems like the Nexus Two will be even worse than the buggy HTC Nexus One.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]suoeno[/nom]@The Greater GoodI think 1 of the basic criteria to win the Nexus bad are about agreeing to only make the phone MINUS any sort of custom/house UI skins so you're well covered there.[/citation]

Sweet. Thanks for the heads-up!

G

Galaxy S i9000 owner here too. Most badass phone I have ever owned. Yea I do carry a second battery though. Plays all my games like lightning. The Power VR 540 Gpu quickly spoils you. Good job google!

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Should have stuck with HTC. Samsung Galazy phones are cheap plastic and look/feel like overpriced toys.

Sure the graphics are great on the Galaxy phones but the processor is not all that, in fact it is inferior to the qualcomm designs.

Best choice would have been a HTC phone with the qualcomm MSM8255 and Adreno 205 graphics (much much better than the 200)

Status
Not open for further replies.