Report: There's Danger in Texting While Walking

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

g0rilla

Distinguished
May 15, 2007
This is the reason Purdue University has crossing guards for their students - too many students getting hit while texting. Indiana University had the same problem. Last year, 3 or 4 students were hit in the first week of school because they were texting while walking.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i myself ride a motorcycle, but i see this one guy in the mornings also on a bike who is often texting while driving his suzuki gsxr 750 >_< he's gonna be a statistic someday

theguy82

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
Working downtown in a major Canadian city, I see this everywhere. People can't get enough and need to be looking at their BB's / Smartphones. Lunch hour rolls around and instead of taking your lunch and getting away from work, people are just glued to their phones. It is good to have access to lot of things with one device, but it is also a curse as people are obsessed with these devices. People are missing out on the world as they are constantly looking down and not seeing what is going on around them.

arges86

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2008
i love it,
grown people can't text while walking, but any kid in grade school can send an essay to a friend while texting w/ the phone under the desk and never look at it.
I guess i shouldn't have looked at my messages while biking the other day.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Just think of it as a way to weed out all the complete morons who don't know how to pay attention to the task at hand. Darwin in action.

G

It's true, texting while walking is dangerous.. A couple years ago I was texting my boyfriend while crossing the street and I tripped in the middle of the road and caught my fall with both my hands which resulted in two broken elbows.
Needless to say, I watch where I'm walking now.

MasterM40

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
[citation][nom]Upendra09[/nom]wasn't there an article a few months ago about a girl who fell in a manhole while texting?[/citation]

is there a youtube video for this? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.