Report: Verizon Killing Unlimited Data Next Week

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

squallypie

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
even though i dont live ANYWHERE close to the US, tom's had an article that said u can multitask skype = no voice plans... b00m loss of revenue.

Verizon Boss : whats all the fuss about skype now?
Assistant : sir, it has lower charges than what we cost and that bs thing multitasks like a bitch... all it needs is internet
Verizon : HAHAHA, as if there is wifi through out the country
Assistant : our unlimited data plans will make it easier for skype users, you idiot
Boss : ooooops.... ok the unlimited plan is scrapped

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
The concept of unlimited data is as silly as asking that your bank have unlimited ATM withdrawals since you have an account with them. Something like 3% of users account for 80% of download. Stop being crybabies and pay for what you use.

evilsizer

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Verizon called me tonight to tell me that I am eligible for my next upgrade. Thanks to this article, I told them that I would wait to see if they cancel unlimited data. When asked why I would think the data plans were going to change, I told him that I had read it here. He scoffed at the idea that a website would know better than he about their data plans. I told him that Tom's writers and readers are always better informed than carrier sales staff. Can V say plausible deniability?

G

Been a Verizon customer for over 12 years. If they do this, I'll go to Sprint in a heartbeat!

Status
Not open for further replies.