Report: Verizon to Get Apple iPhone Lite, Tablet

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glorfendel

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Kingssman[/nom]wow jealous much?Lets see, Apple releases a product, The entire electronics industry tries to copy them.Apple released Iphone, now everybody is making these touch web browsing phones.Apple released the Ipod, now everybody is making these click wheel designed mp3 players with color screen and does videoApple created the Imac, now Dell is coming up with an all in one desktop.this so called "apple tax" should really be an "Extra money before everyone else copies our cool design"[/citation]

/rant on
Tries to copy that is cute you must be a itard apple does not invent anything they just take other peoples work and repack it after the hard work is done. iphone first touch screen NO i owned a sony p1100 long before the iphone was even out.

Click wheel mp3s try creative not only did they make the first mp3 player over a year before apple it had this crazy thing that was round clicked and made things happen like picking songs. In fact apple got slapped in the face with patent infringement for it every iPod you buy gives money to creative the very very windows only brand. As far as /rant on
Tries to copy that is cute you must be an itard apple does not invent anything they just take other peoples work and repack it after the hard work is done. Iphone first touch screen NO I owned a Sony p1100 long before the iphone was even out.

Click wheel mp3s try creative not only did they make the first mp3 player over a year before apple it had this crazy thing that was round clicked and made things happen like picking songs. In fact apple got slapped in the face with patent infringement for it every ipod you buy gives money to creative the very very windows only brand. as far as color screen and video play back archos was first to that one and all their products are put together with string duct tape and pipe cleaners yet they are always a full product cycle ahead of apple.

ibm has been doing it long before the Pentium revolution in fact ibm made one for god a t-rex named Tom they provided them for the computer lab on Noah's ark the 10 commandments where printed off one. The order for "special interrogation" for jebus was typed up on one. Julius Cesar was playing risk on one when the idea to take over the know world came along the Magna Carta was spell checked on one and Thomas Jefferson used a thesaurus that came with his. 200 after that apple stole the idea and panted it white.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]glorfendel[/nom]/rant on Tries to copy that is cute you must be a itard apple does not invent anything they just take other peoples work and repack it after the hard work is done. iphone first touch screen NO i owned a sony p1100 long before the iphone was even out. Click wheel mp3s try creative not only did they make the first mp3 player over a year before apple it had this crazy thing that was round clicked and made things happen like picking songs. In fact apple got slapped in the face with patent infringement for it every iPod you buy gives money to creative the very very windows only brand. As far as /rant on Tries to copy that is cute you must be an itard apple does not invent anything they just take other peoples work and repack it after the hard work is done. Iphone first touch screen NO I owned a Sony p1100 long before the iphone was even out. Click wheel mp3s try creative not only did they make the first mp3 player over a year before apple it had this crazy thing that was round clicked and made things happen like picking songs. In fact apple got slapped in the face with patent infringement for it every ipod you buy gives money to creative the very very windows only brand. as far as color screen and video play back archos was first to that one and all their products are put together with string duct tape and pipe cleaners yet they are always a full product cycle ahead of apple. ibm has been doing it long before the Pentium revolution in fact ibm made one for god a t-rex named Tom they provided them for the computer lab on Noah's ark the 10 commandments where printed off one. The order for "special interrogation" for jebus was typed up on one. Julius Cesar was playing risk on one when the idea to take over the know world came along the Magna Carta was spell checked on one and Thomas Jefferson used a thesaurus that came with his. 200 after that apple stole the idea and panted it white.[/citation]

See they was you see it is, just because someone invented it and made a piece of hardware it works like it should. There is a big difference between being the first to impement a technology and implementing a technology so that it works the way you imagine it to work. This is what apple does, takes existing proven reliable technologies and packages them into a reliable system in a way that actually makes the technology useful.

I love how windows fanboys rant about well why not buy this laptop with this better hardware and this and that... sure it's better hardware, but as a system does it work better? I dunno that's what is important to me, things working like you expect it do, in most cases i can download a new application for apple and the designer makes it so you don't really have much to learn. Am i an amature at PC's or computers in general? NO, but why do i wanna learn every new piece of software and try to figure out what the designer was thinking. I rather it be use friendly. I work in IT with plenty of windows machine and i know all the in's and out of them, but i still rather come home and use my hackintosh to surf the net and check email over my pc, yes i do have to use my pc when i play left for dead but i don't care, I like my reliable little hackintosh laptop.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]Houndsteeth[/nom]Sometimes, price is only one part of the equation. And for those of you who don't do Apple, more power to you. Roll your own. But God please don't install Windows and expect me to respect you in the morning. Nope. Go find a nice posix distro and install, cause you are still jumping off a bridge like 90% of the world if you are still doing Windows.For myself, I will play on the frankenboxen I make, but if I need to get some serious work done, I will fire up the Apple because I would rather work and get paid than work on my computer before I can work to get paid. I do that kinda stuff on my freetime, but not when someone is paying me on the clock. I have four servers (two Linux, one running MySQL and another with PostgreSQL, one FreeBSD that handles all my SFTP, web and fileserving needs and one Win 2K8 Server that I use as a reference for MS-SQL and Oracle), but my workstation is a Mac Pro loaded to the gills, working in Dreamweaver, Komodo IDE, Adobe Creative Suite and the Xcode development toolbox.I do not own a Prius, or Honda Insight. Nope. I own a Nissan 300Z and a Toyota Sienna. Hell, I'm not even all that green. I recycle when i think about it, I mow my lawn with a gas mower on Sundays just like everyone else. But I use Apple products (Mac Pro, iPhone, iPod, MacBook Pro) on a daily basis, both for work and pleasure. And it has afforded me a comfortable lifestyle.[/citation]

I have seen people use this argument before about pc's which i have been using for almost 20 years. And yet to this day have i ever had to "work" on my pc before i work. Unless your computer is held together by duct tape and bubble gum thats the stupidest thing i have heard. I run most the programs on my Vista pc you run on your crapintrash with no problems pretty much everyday.

And to norbs.

Apples doesnt take existing tech usefull they make the exact same thing put it in a ugly plastic cover jack the price $300 or more and call it thiers. the only difference in most cases it its ugly looks and you now have no control over the media on it. god forbid if you need to change a battery!

I give credit to apple for the phone it really was the only thing they "invented" i give them credit for spending millions in areas people dont care about to get people to care about it so other companys can make good products so we arent stuck with the crap apples makes as the only choice. But thats really all the credit i can give apple.

i say keep apple around. They eventualy make the idea i had 5 years ago and someone then makes one that i like so apple is at least somewhat usefull to me.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]EnFoRceR22[/nom]And to norbs.Apples doesnt take existing tech usefull they make the exact same thing put it in a ugly plastic cover jack the price $300 or more and call it thiers. the only difference in most cases it its ugly looks and you now have no control over the media on it. god forbid if you need to change a battery!I give credit to apple for the phone it really was the only thing they "invented" i give them credit for spending millions in areas people dont care about to get people to care about it so other companys can make good products so we arent stuck with the crap apples makes as the only choice. But thats really all the credit i can give apple.i say keep apple around. They eventualy make the idea i had 5 years ago and someone then makes one that i like so apple is at least somewhat usefull to me.[/citation]

I honestly see Apple more of a software company, and the people who think that others see it differently are tottaly wrong. Everyone slaps their own case on stuff how can you accuse apple of being the only ones... every computer monitor processor chipset hard drives come from a handful of suppliers and then toshiba sony hp dell and apple all claim it as theirs. I can build a computer myself and i see no reason to buy a computer from dell or toshiba.

What seperates a zune from an iPod is zune focused on features while apple focused on how it feels and responds tweaking the software and not trying to make it do all sorts of tricks. It's seems simple but I rather use my iPod while i'm driving say new years eve, and you can use your zune and have it hang up on new years... really serious problem? no not really, but it's just something you can't rely on... Enjoy!

G

Great, as long as it allows full blown presentations from NATIVE Keynote and PowerPoint presentations.

Status
Not open for further replies.