Request asstiance with avg free 2013

Methen

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
I tried to get a solution over at avg forum so far it has been ignored,and this is a very strange problem I have before with avg, Whats happening is I have my xp pro set up so that when I go to log into my computer I have to type a password but a few days ago when I went to type in the pass word and click enter the computer froze I had to to go in to safe mode in order to get in I traced the problem to avg I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but that did no good finally I did a complete format of my computer and the problem did not go away any one have any ideals of what is crashing as I have been using avg for years and never had this problem?

corroded

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Wow... sorry to hear that... Yes, the newer AVG (from my personal experience) has cost my customers hundreds of dollars.

IF you did a complete reformat and it is still the same issue, it is a hardware problem. Try pulling 1 stick of RAM out, boot up and test, swap sticks, try all the slot combinations. It could be that "simple"

Methen

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
I doubt it is a ram problem for as soon as I uninstalled avg I had no problems...

alexalbert

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Sorry I have no idea why your AVG antivirus creating a problem for you. I use Norton antivirus and i never face this kind problem and i also get full help from Norton Chat team at any time