Request best setup idea for msata and hybrid drives

lrsd18

Estimable
Feb 22, 2015
I'm looking to purchase a gaming laptop, it offers a dual msata capable drive (1 as O/S) and (1 as storage for graphics game files) and I can place 2 single hybrid drives. Can I use 1 mSATA drive for large graphics files that don't change but I want to load quickly. i.e. graphics for ms Filght Sim terrain files.
Will this idea work? Or is there a different solution?

Solution
hello there if the laptop you are buying or you own has 2 sata slots then you add any 2 drives you like for example you could add 2 regular hdd or 2 SSD drives now if it has slots for an M.2 drive like my laptop does then you can add up to 3 M.2 drives and use them anyway you want, i could have 3 M.2 drives 1 for the os and 2 for storage or games or whatever or i could even run them in raid0 for performance anyways hope this helps.

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
hello there if the laptop you are buying or you own has 2 sata slots then you add any 2 drives you like for example you could add 2 regular hdd or 2 SSD drives now if it has slots for an M.2 drive like my laptop does then you can add up to 3 M.2 drives and use them anyway you want, i could have 3 M.2 drives 1 for the os and 2 for storage or games or whatever or i could even run them in raid0 for performance anyways hope this helps.

Solution