Request for Advice - MP3 DSP S/w

asiniv

Honorable
Oct 24, 2015
Hi,

For many years I've been using iDFX as my preferred DSP Itunes plugin for offline normalization/enhancement of my entire MP3 library (I'm a freak of order and normalization, sorry).

FXsound stopped developing this product quite sometime ago, though it still worked up to past Itunes versions, albeit with some bugs and glitches.
In the latest versions it no longer works.

I'm looking to move on and find an optimized alternative that will allow me to re-encode MP3's I download from now on.

Now I do understand to some extent the limitations of a `cross-platform' re-coding algorithm for MP3's, and that most of the industry in that respect focuses on RT DSP.
Therefor I've been having difficulties of locating a proper solution via a google search.

As an intermediate solution currently I'm just using the freeware MP3QM to keep in tune with my preferred bitrate for my all my audio files (256kbps), though it offers nothing more in that respect.

I would appreciate any advice and recommendation for your preferred offline audio enhancer suitable for everyday MP3's

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I'm assuming you are on an Apple platform.
Vox is a highly regarded audio playback system
http://coppertino.com/

I'm on a windows platform and use foobar2000.

asiniv

Honorable
Oct 24, 2015

I'm a windows user.
I'll check foobar2000
Thanks!

Ruggo181

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

Excellent asiniv.
Let me know what you think.

Foobar2000 is fairly light on, but has a great amount of plugins to make it as complex as you wish.

asiniv

Honorable
Oct 24, 2015

Hey, I've started looking around on the capabilities of foobar,
might you recommend on a plugin for mp3 enhancement and normalization?
(not real-time DSP, but actual offline audio file modification).

thanks in advance!