Requesting advice for a Lenovo T500 screen protector

asiniv

Honorable
Oct 24, 2015
Hi,

I've recently replaced the LCD screen in my good old T500.
The original screen Was a matte screen and the new one is glossy.
I've browsed through amazon and ebay, and also read this short e-bay guide:
http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Choo...tor-for-Your-Laptop-/10000000178589859/g.html

But I've only become more confused and just can't seem to know what protector would be an exact physical match for my T500 screen, and would also suite my personal preferences.

I would really appreciate some guidance on this - and perhaps even specific suggestions.
Basically I'm looking for a high quality screen protector with the following personal preferences:

a. Exact physical match for my T500 screen (before everything else it must be an exact fit)
b. I would much rather have a snap-in protector rather than a sticker-like one
(no matter how good the sticker quality is, I'm quite clumsy and somehow can't get the darn thing applied correctly - my alignment is always messed up and those annoying bubbles always pop out. when I try to fix it eventually I just screw it up)
c. I would like to be able to easily clean it, like those privacy screen guards which are easily applied and removed (but I'm not interested in one designed for this purpose).
d. if possible I'm also looking for the screen protector to serve as a sort of an image enhancer.
e. I usually use my laptop at home in low light, so I'm not interested in anti-glaring properties.
f. As I got used to matte with my original screen I would prefer a matte coated protector.

I know that the above points don't all add up and might even contradict each other.
But all in all I might sum up my preferred choice as an exact-fit, snap-in, matte covered high quality screen protector.

So, advice / directions / specific suggestions anyone?

thanks in advance!!!

Laptops don't really use screen protectors but a privacy screen. I mean why do you need a screen protector? Do you poke at the screen with pens? If it drops, the screen will crack or the laptop will break, it's not like it will land exactly on the screen where a protector may keep it from being scratches, the laptop has a keyboard attached to it.

No protector or would be an "image enhancer", I mean it adds another layer of plastic over the screen, how can that possibly make anything look better?

In short, don't get anything unless you want a privacy screen to block people from reading your screen, screen protector for a laptop is about as useful as windshield wipers on a submarine.

asiniv

Honorable
Oct 24, 2015

hey hang-the-9,
Thanks for your kind advice (loved the submarine analogy, with your permission, I've now added it to my personal metaphorical inventory...lol....)
anyway, I just thought that if I'm replacing my screen then for better protection I should add a protector; the reason being that after 7 years of use my original screen had spots underneath the glass, and that a protector should further enhance the life of a new screen.

Anyway, I'll keep your advice in mind (and the submarines windshields for sure...hehe)...

Nothing that can damage the LCD screen will be stopped by a screen protector unless it's bulky and just keeps you from pushing on the screen at all. Say a box around the screen with a glass front.

To keep your screen in good shape, don't touch it with anything (no poking fingers to show something for example) and don't clean it with random cleaners. Use a damp microfiber cloth with small amount of water or specialized LCD cleaner. Using a regular cleaner like 401 or Windex and things like that can damage and streak the screen. Don't put much pressure on the screen at all when cleaning. Marks on the screen are usually caused by too much pressure on the LCD screen or by using the wrong cleaner, and of course just a screen that is old and wearing out.

asiniv

Honorable
Oct 24, 2015

Thanks for the tips hang-the-9 :)