Requesting first smartphone suggestions

dralcohen

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
I'm in the market for my first smartphone. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the options and I would greatly appreciate some suggestions.

How I would use it:

• Phone
    Email
    Calendar
    Camera
    Music (occassional)
    GPS navigating (occassional)
    Web search (occassional)

Features I'm looking for:

• Android OS
    A good camera/video
    Can be used overseas (Europoe)
    Good battery life
    wifi
    Mid-sized & mid-weight (I don't want to carry around a very large phone)
    Dependable
    Removable battery (preferable, but I can be talked out of this)
    Exandable memory (preferable, but I can be talked out of this)

I may find new uses once I have it, but I won't be classified as a 'power' user. I'm around a computer and wifi most of the time. I would only use the smartphone capabilities relatively rarely, so I'm not looking for the top of the line.

Carrier & plan:

I'm currently using a t-mobile pre-paid flip-phone without a camera. It usually works for me and I'd keep it but the service is spotty. I live in a mid-sized, US town. I'm told that the Verizon and AT&T networks are the most reliable where I live. I don't have a carrier picked out. I think I currently use less than 100 to 200 talk minutes/month, including my land line. I never text. I don't email photos. I don't use social media. I would only occassionally use data. I'm guessing that a month-by-month, pay-as-you-go, or prepaid would serve me best. A carrier choice is probably a different thread, but I know it is tied up with phone choice.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I don't think any smart phones anymore have removable battery. A few might have expanded memory but most newer ones have it built in. I'm using an HTC One and this is far and away the best phone that I've ever used.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
I don't think any smart phones anymore have removable battery. A few might have expanded memory but most newer ones have it built in. I'm using an HTC One and this is far and away the best phone that I've ever used.

Solution