Reset my Vizio TV to HDMI without a remote

Solution
If it has no butons on the TV itself, then you will need to buy a replacement remote or a universal remote.

There are some free universal remote apps for Android/iOS if your phone is equipped with an IR blaster that can control the tv.

richiestang_78

Estimable
Mar 3, 2015
If it has no butons on the TV itself, then you will need to buy a replacement remote or a universal remote.

There are some free universal remote apps for Android/iOS if your phone is equipped with an IR blaster that can control the tv.

Solution
Jan 28, 2019
This TV is so frustrating!!! I am having the same problem. I try to switch back and forth from cable to fire stick with my PROGRAMED Direct TV remote and it gets stuck on VIZIO smartcast. Won't let me change the input!!! It takes me 15-20 minutes to try and get it back to hdmi1 And....it's mounted to the wall, so I can't find the model/serial number to purchase a new remote...

Apr 13, 2020
I just tried this because I had the same problem. Press menu, go over to setup and down to where it says source, from there you should be able to toggle to HDMI.
This worked for me.