Resolution laptop and tv

Dallar14

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016
I have a Visio laptop connected to the TV hdmi cable .the resolution is offor balance. I have to scroll to the right to finally get to the tv. I tried to adjust the control panel. TV and the computer what do I do to get the same thing to show on the TV as the screen on and the computer

Solution
On my laptops you can drag the 2nd screen anywhere you want. In my case I have a projector as the second screen so it is positioned above and slightly to the right of the built in display. That makes the cursor motion more natural for the relative location of both displays which seems to be your problem.
Using the TV as an extended display works better. I can have a video playing on the TV and still have another program open on the built in display.
If you're on Windows 10, hit windows key + P. A bunch of options should pop up on the right side. From your description, it sounds like Extend is currently selected. Select Duplicate instead.

For older Windows, right-click the desktop and pick "Display Settings" from the menu. You should see both your monitor and TV. In the drop-down, change from "extend display" to "duplicate display.

On my laptops you can drag the 2nd screen anywhere you want. In my case I have a projector as the second screen so it is positioned above and slightly to the right of the built in display. That makes the cursor motion more natural for the relative location of both displays which seems to be your problem.
Using the TV as an extended display works better. I can have a video playing on the TV and still have another program open on the built in display.

Solution