Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
Retrive photos from old phone
That wont take a charge
New s6 old s4 both samsung
Dont want to pay to have fixed and is
Now out of contact s4 that is !

Solution
Pop the back off and if the battery is removeable, take it out and try mains power. While you're in there, see if you have a micro SD card in there. Some of your files might have been saved to that card.

Thanks for the Best Answer award but as the problem is ongoing, I'm removing it. Folks don't look at the threads with a Solved flag and you might still get better advice.
It doesn't need to charge so long as it works when plugged into the mains. If it doesn't have an external SD card, buy one and copy the photos on to that then use a cheap card carrier to connect to a laptop or a PC. Being out of contract doesn't stop the device from working - only from making calls.

Mark_117

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016

Mark_117

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016

Mark_117

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
Thx saga lout for that
However when i say it wont
Take a charge
I mean its dead connected to
The mains as well
I feel it may be game over !
Thx for input

Pop the back off and if the battery is removeable, take it out and try mains power. While you're in there, see if you have a micro SD card in there. Some of your files might have been saved to that card.

Thanks for the Best Answer award but as the problem is ongoing, I'm removing it. Folks don't look at the threads with a Solved flag and you might still get better advice.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.