Retro Space Invaders Toaster Leaves an Imprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Imprint toasters are all over the place. And this one is not a good one.

I have a disney toaster that works normally (pop the bread down) and it leaves a mickey imprint, as well plays the theme song when the toast pops up.

That kind of design would be much better for somethign like this.

eg: Imagine if this was an upright toaster and it made the sound effect of shooting down the saucer when the toast was done, that would be cool.

G

A large burnt spot on the toast? No i wouldnt buy that, i dont like burnt toast.

Beyond that, i bet the paint used was not heat safe. And every time its fired up it stinks of hot paint.

Beyond that, it just looks dumb!

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]Imprint toasters are all over the place. And this one is not a good one.I have a disney toaster that works normally (pop the bread down) and it leaves a mickey imprint, as well plays the theme song when the toast pops up.That kind of design would be much better for somethign like this.eg: Imagine if this was an upright toaster and it made the sound effect of shooting down the saucer when the toast was done, that would be cool.[/citation]
We had a 'Winnie The Poo' toaster and I hated that stupid theme song. I used to get woken up by it every morning. Its dead now... I swear I don't know what happened.

But yeah, they've had these imprint toasters for at least a decade and they work better than that one. Somebody just needs to make a programmable one where you hook it up via usb (or memory card) and select the image you want to imprint via a small lcd monitor (like on photo printers).

wolfram23

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Oh a toast burning toaster... wonderful. How about a mirror with space invaders playing in the background... mostly transparent but you can clearly see it running. Now that would be fun.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
Well, it's an Space Invader toaster, what did you expect? Sunny sided bread? Off course it's going to burn your bread! And your house if it can :p

Cheers!

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
"This concept toaster is a bit too bulky just for the sake of toasting a single slice of bread."

Well it is a 'Space Invader' toaster.

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]silentq[/nom]Will sell on ebay for $1000000 in 50 years.[/citation]

Which will be the equivalent of $100 in todays money.

=]

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]bogcotton[/nom]Which will be the equivalent of $100 in todays money.=][/citation]

Lol. He didn't say it's US Dollar... maybe he meant Google Dollar. G$. Oh, yea sorry I thought this was year 3010 where Google rules the um... yea... Earth. Don't worry they are nice.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]RipperjackAU[/nom]I would rather have Sheldon's Cylon toaster![/citation]

Ditto, that one was clever and the toast looked edible after.

Status
Not open for further replies.