Reverend: PCs Can Store Evil Spirits

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
This guy probably doesn't even believe this crap, but made it up to sell books to panicky rubes. A lot of "Christian" writing is like that, especially the sensationalist stuff telling you there's demons in everything.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
LOL
I was playing a PC game long ago, there was this scene where this weird guy appear out of nowhere and threat this other character then he knock off some books from a bookcase, at this exact moment everything I had on my desk's hutch fell off!!!

maybe it was the "demonic" vibration from my speakers.

LOL

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I'd have to say so as well, given that within a modern world as say, given with many technology releases of many simplistic means to do, and some complex, Supernatural is very easy to protray, rather real or not. Usually in some terms given a set limit of a types of say supernatural computing can only be done with certain aspect of computing and hardware. At least on those aspects of supernatural computing. Computer accesories and periphals.

But all and all, it comes down to the users. Cause given, alot of it would be fairly simple to do given some basic knowledge of computers, software, and items needed.

Ransom22

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
He's right that it is possible for a demon to use an object like a computer to communicate or influence people. They are by definition supernatural, so they wouldn't be constrained by the fact that it's a computer. However, he's wrong if he thinks a simple reformat is going to get rid of a demon if indeed it was infecting a HDD. I reference everyone back to the "supernatural" part.

Status
Not open for further replies.