Reviews Show problem with gaming in lenovo g505s 59-380146!!!!!!

Dgen

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
Hello all!!!!

I am going to purchase a laptop with good performance for gaming. So, i have had my eyes on the lenovo g505s 59-380146 all this time coz of its great performance as shown in flipkart. Nearly all the reviews describe the laptop as great and worth buying but few reviews say that when the laptop runs high end games on battery it runs buttery but while on charge it becomes very slow and lags alot for which i have'nt seen a good solution written. Please HELP!!!!

Solution

just update your BIOS to v2.05. it will solve the prob. :)

rolli59

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2007
What you describe is typical for cooling problem, when the power adapter is hooked in the additional heat from that increases the overall temperature in the laptop which affects the CPU in the end forcing it into thermal throttling.

cipbenq

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
I had the same problem with another lenovo,and getting out the battery solved it. It's not comfortable but it works. At least for me.
I made an account just to write this for you.

mfxmen

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014

just update your BIOS to v2.05. it will solve the prob. :)

Solution

rohancfc

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
Hello everyone, I bought one of the G505s laptops 3 weeks ago and after some intial problems, I updated the BIOS. It seemed to be working fine for some time until the past couple of days, the temp of the CPU seems to skyrocket to 120 C which I dnt think is normal at all. On top of that the gaming experience is suffering considerably nowdays

Keshab Prasad

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014

Hi Friend,

I have got this product 2 month back and facing same heating issue,
even i have updated the BIOS to higher version (v2.05) as per LENOVO recommendation. but the issue is still prolonging.
since i got this one from FLIPKART so they are ready to refund my money moreover tomorrow they are coming to pickup the laptop
so i need some suggestion whether i should return or not as i got best configuration with less price,

running OS win7 64bit
please suggest me

thanks in advance.

rohancfc

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
well, you could check it first it first with a technician from nearby Lenovo Service Center and find the root of the problem. After doing so, I bought a laptop fan and now it doesn't seem to bother me much. But occasionally, the temperature gets pretty high but that is after using it continuously for whole day. I think changing the model won't solve the problem, for me, the problem lies in the design of the AMD motherboard, so best u can do is look at some issues and try to work out the solution for them.