RFP: Turn TV Screen OFF

Aug 17, 2018
Hello :)

This is a request for proposals :)

Goal is to turn the screen of my tv off while keeping the integrated speakers on, using ONE button (pleaaase be possible) on either the TVs Remote AND/OR the Apple TVs Remote AND/OR one of my iPhones/iPads.

Constraint(s): Monetary. Buying a new TV is not an option.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to post them here.

What follows is a more detailed description of my setting (home theatre

Solution
I have never heard of a TV or monitor that would let you turn off the screen and leave the internal speakers on. It's not a computer and there is no generic OS or software for TVs. Each brand and makers will have their own and you can't modify it.
Since internal TV speakers are awful anyway get a soundbar, powered speakers or an actual audio system. You can add an input selector for powered speakers and a soundbar/HTS will have more than one input. When you don't want a screen don't turn it on.
I have never heard of a TV or monitor that would let you turn off the screen and leave the internal speakers on. It's not a computer and there is no generic OS or software for TVs. Each brand and makers will have their own and you can't modify it.
Since internal TV speakers are awful anyway get a soundbar, powered speakers or an actual audio system. You can add an input selector for powered speakers and a soundbar/HTS will have more than one input. When you don't want a screen don't turn it on.

Solution