Rhapsody to Acquire Napster

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplaya

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2007
I've used Napster for a couple of years and it's far superior as a source of MP3 files than itunes. For a small $5 monthly fee (well, actually it's now billed 3 months at a time), you get 15 free MP3 downloads and can listen all you want.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]stratplaya[/nom]I've used Napster for a couple of years and it's far superior as a source of MP3 files than itunes. For a small $5 monthly fee (well, actually it's now billed 3 months at a time), you get 15 free MP3 downloads and can listen all you want.[/citation]
Yea?

Chef_Boyardee

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2006
[citation][nom]Markon101[/nom]Spotify is way better than either of those in my opinion.[/citation]
I hear this. But I've been able to stump spotify. Grooveshark.com i have yet to stump and its free. I was a paying subscriber for rhapsody since 2008 until if found grooveshark.

Proximon

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
I think you might be surprised at what you can get with Rhapsody. They only have one large problem... some of the best artists and tracks aren't available to them.
So, you can download ALMOST unlimited music for playback on a compatible device for a flat monthly fee. BUT you can't download the Beatles or Led Zeppelin. Will Napster improve Rhapsody's access to music rights?
Well, I see they have 28 albums from The Who, but no Beatles and Led Zep can only be purchased, not streamed. And they no longer offer the ability to listen to songs off line (without buying them). The only thing they have really is a few more artists available FOR PURCHASE.
Maybe the acquisition will give them more bargaining muscle with the labels. We'll see.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Out of the two parties in here I only knew Napster; Rhapsody is an alien corporation to me.[/citation]

Don't worry, you didn't miss anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.