RIAA at it Again, Claims LimeWire Owes $72 Trillion

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]existencenow[/nom]What says any one entity is entitled to ANY of that money. how about take that supposed 1.65B and put it into the working economy...[/citation]

when you say working economy i hope you didn''t ,mean the US. if you did thanks for the laugh

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
Hey, Tom's. FYI, this all happened back in March of 2011, and Limewire settled out of court for $105 million. In May of 2011.

A YEAR ago.

Do your freaking homework.

NiPPonD3nZ0

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
They need to get in touch with reality and understand this: HUMAN KNOWLEDGE (and its results) BELONGS TO THE HUMAN RACE!

When "we" "pirate" something, "we" aren't actually depriving anyone of it's use. "We" aren't removing anything. They need to get in touch and adjust their business model acording to the new world reality.
The RIAA it's just a leech, or better, its a Remura. Attachs itself to the artists (who doesn't get nearly has much has it's supposed to).
This is unreal...

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Wow, we need the RIAA gestapo to bail out the USA from all the debt the fascist liar Kenyan Obama and Bush too, put us in. Obama spent more (put us in debt) in his first two years than all the other Presidents before him COMBINED! Look it up if you bought it Obozo supporters.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]tk1138[/nom]The Riaa and the music industry is a joke....nothing they make has any quality, and i cant remember the last time i actually purchased music (or downloaded free for that matter)i dont think i will ever purchase music, if these companies are so shitty that they trying to get more wealth than the total wealth of the planet something is wrong...as another user posted this should be thrown out i mean that figure alone should discredit their whole lawsuit...how could you take anyone who thinks they have a claim to more wealth than exists on the planet seriously....i know i dont RIAA is shit....it would be funny if every employee of the RIAA (and MPAA) were killed in the most brutal way possible....[/citation]

Wishing for death is exactly the kind of thing that stops people like us from being taken any more seriously than we take the RIAA.

lievyon

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010
I have seen at least 2 studies so far that shows downloading music atcually increases music sales. I have yet to see one study show it hurts it. RIAA is just basically making assuption that it does, I mean Heavier objects OBVIOUSLY fall faster than lighter ones right??? ;)

So in essense they are hurting their profits by trying to stop illegal downloading 2 ways. Spending money in lobbying/campaining agaist downloading which is completely futile, and also even if it would reduce downloads that would hurt their sales as several studies have shown.

Funny stuff. Keep at it RIAA...you'll win eventually /sacasm off

longshotthe1st

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
As a musician/producer, I would MUCH rather someone downloaded a song I made for free instead of not listening to it because they have to pay. Music is about spreading your creativity and message with others with the hopes you move someone with it, once it's all about the money there is no more soul.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]longshotthe1st[/nom]As a musician/producer, I would MUCH rather someone downloaded a song I made for free instead of not listening to it because they have to pay. Music is about spreading your creativity and message with others with the hopes you move someone with it, once it's all about the money there is no more soul.[/citation]

Not all musicians aren't in it at least partially for money. It can take money to get into some concerts and bands often like to play at big concerts. Some bands intend to make a living off of their music. You probably shouldn't try to apply your ways of life to other people because they won't work for everyone.

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
[citation][nom]icefog00[/nom]Christopher Dodd (ex-senator from CT) was hired as their CEO after he had no way to get re-elected (ethics scandal and financial banking probe). That ought to tell ya something.[/citation]

Ummm, no, Dodd is the CEO of the OTHER money grubbing scum suckers.... MPAA

longshotthe1st

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Not all musicians aren't in it at least partially for money. It can take money to get into some concerts and bands often like to play at big concerts. Some bands intend to make a living off of their music. You probably shouldn't try to apply your ways of life to other people because they won't work for everyone.[/citation]

Clearly you aren't a musician because you do not understand what I am saying. You should probably take your own advice.

Steveymoo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO..............
What I really want to know is, why is Limewire being held responsible for the infringements of all it's patrons? Honestly, that's like saying, anyone that sells a knife, gun, or any other kind of weapon, should be charged with any murder, that any of it's weapons have been used for. Seriously, the American justice system is a f**king joke. When did the copying of shitty music become a bigger moral no-no than rape or murder? Sort your shit out America, come on.

Go f**k yourselves.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.