RIAA at it Again, Claims LimeWire Owes $72 Trillion

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Its a very simple solution, vote with your money. I have choose not to purchase any Riaa associated label music over the past years for the Riaa's behaviour and insanity, this is just another item to the ever growing list of insane claims the organization have.

Use all that wasted riaa money to make good music and PAY THE ARTISTS and people will buy it rather than the crap no one wants to pay for!

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Limewire should have never paid 105 million in the first place. With that money they could have hired professionals to make their lawyers death look like an accident. Wich is what needs to happen with the Riaa . Rediculous

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
UPDATE: The viral nature of how information spreads on the Internet strikes again. The RIAA reached out to Tom's Guide to inform us that the events described below were from over a year ago but were re-promoted in the news today due to a report from NME. The news then spread to mainstream sources, among dozens others.

As for the resolution of this whole saga, LimeWire and the recording industry have already settled out-of-court for $105 million.

No, it's not the "nature of the internet" that's the problem here. It's the nature of Tom's Hardware "poor reporting practrices" that's the real problem.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]longshotthe1st[/nom]Clearly you aren't a musician because you do not understand what I am saying. You should probably take your own advice.[/citation]

I understand completely, but you don't. Not everyone agrees with you and you don't seem to get that. I took my advice by saying that you PROBABLY SHOULDN'T try to apply your way of life to other people instead of saying that you SHOULDN'T apply your way of life to people. Of course, you can go ahead and take offense at this comment anyway. I don't need to be a musician, but I know several.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
WELL, if thats true then LimeWire is responsible for the 15 trillion national dept... I'm pretty sure 72 million would stimulate the economy..LOL

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
i think music should be shared. all the time. by everybody. i think it's pure insanity to make music filesharing illegal.
and with that said, i have, for years, encouraged my fans to burn, download and share all of my music with each other and with strangers.
and i will never stop doing that. all that sharing eventually comes back to me in all forms of income and goodwill. ~Amanda Palmer

The RIAA is just a cancerous parasite in the creative industry.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
72 trillion dollars? i think you could hire an assassin for $125million who would kill every lawyer the RIAA hires as well as assasinate many of the heads of the record companies involved

shrapnel_indie

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
While this is OLD news. I still think that everybody should know it... especially congress, but... their knowledge probably wouldn't make a bit of difference with the promises they more than likely hear from the lobbyists.

Something else to consider here. If, a year ago, the RIAA came up with this ludicrous amount of damages based on their numbers, shouldn't this when examined make one wonder about any other number they feed us (as to damages, to quantities, etc.) AND the judicial and congressional systems?

Of course, the MPAA and other like cartels, as long as they can legally exist, will always try to stick it to everyone while lying to the mouths that feed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.