RIAA Attacks FM Radio Stations Over Property Violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Its simple really.

When a streaming music service such as Pandora plays a song, the RIAA gets a payment for each account that plays the song. When a radio station plays it, they get one payment and millions potentially get to listen.

Of course they hate the idea of you being able to listen to FM on your smartphone instead of streaming, less licensing $$ for them.

G

When they have convinced congress to force you to install a chip in your head that automatically debits your checking account everytime you hear music.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Legislation would be much more useful if it would instead ban the RIAA.

Next they'll want a licence fee for ethernet cabling... because you could use one to copy music.
Heck, why stop there? You can write music on paper, so why not add a music-piracy fee to paper? And pens/pencils as well!

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
its interesting, the RIAA seems to think that not only its owed more money than actually exists, now they seem to think playing music is pirating it, I wonder what moronic dinosaur of copyright lawsuit they'll dredge up with their greedy cash snatching hands. Probably putting ban on speakers above a certain decibel range so that unpaid customers cannot hear new music. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave unsigned iou's to beggars in the street to save change.

teodoreh

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
I have a great proposal: Radio stations should play only non-RIAA licensed music. After a couple of months let's see who will win and who will loose from this situation. I bet RIAA would come back and beg them to play their content...

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
The RIAA can't see past their own greed. Attacking FM radio won't help the music industry at all....quite to the contrary. It would more likely lead to the death of the music industry in the US...

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
So, phones in the US will be the only ones without an AM/FM chip on them thanks to the RIAA? ROFL! Moreover, I thought by now every phone in the world supported ol'school radio. wow...

You guys should do something about those trolls.

Cheers!

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
So basically now RIAA is picking a fight with all fm radio stations.. Do they not see how this could turn out real bad for them. The old saying bad publicity is better then none doesn't really apply here. As it's best if most people don't know what these guys are about. But now I can see radio stations slamming these guys, and potentially even organizing their listeners to do something.

We all know the politicians are all out for themselves, and eventually it's gonna become more beneficial to them to also not back the RIAA in anything they do.

End of the day I think RIAA just shot themselves in the foot, but only time well tell.

jaksun5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
They forget that BitTorrent is one of the biggest platforms and it doesn't pay royalites.

They can get a big GET F***KED from me (and f*** the profanity filter on this forum while I'm at it for deleting my last post!)

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
More and more FM stations are going to News/Talk formats, I guess they want to encourage more of that and less of their clients' trash being publicized.

Eventually Sony, BMG, and all the rest will have the music all to themselves and you can't even hear it. Then they'll be happy. I'm all for making them happy as soon as possible.

JD13

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Radio is the best form of advertising that the RIAA has, without radio the music industry will die! The RIAA is nothing more than organized crime. Extortion being their biggest money maker.....

Status
Not open for further replies.