RIAA Continues to Be Attacked from DDoS Flood

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

117killer117

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
[citation][nom]teodoreh[/nom]Why don't the create a DDoS client like SETI so as everyone to voluntarily run it? This client can also run on some machines as mailware so as not to accuse users of intentionally attacking those b#$rds![/citation]

They have Low Orbit Ion Cannon

G

[citation][nom]TheWhiteRose000[/nom]GAMBATTE!!!! HACKERS!!!GAMBATTE!!!!!You guys got my support.I'll just cheer though.GAMBATTE![/citation]

Ganbatte* Speak it right.

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
Quoted from "A Brief History of Revolution" -

“Respectable” society looks upon mass protest, civil disobedience, strikes, disruption and revolution with horror. But fundamental social change rarely comes gradually. Industrial unions didn’t come to this country by the gradual addition, year after year, of a few new unions. On the contrary, mass industrial unionism came in an explosion of organizing and mass strikes over a period of about five years, from 1934 to 1938. The gains of the civil rights movement were achieved through heroic civil disobedience and mass protest in the face of systematic racist terror.

Seems fitting.

G

This is mass vanadlalism. Millions of workers are harmed by pirates who are no more than greedy criminals that expect everything for free. Communism failed. It was in all the papers.

jazz84

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
This is one big chunk of AWESOME.

One detail that nags me though... if I understand correctly, they're using botnets. I wonder how this is affecting those unsuspecting users...

mactruck

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]An honest person[/nom]This is mass vanadlalism. ... Communism failed. It was in all the papers.[/citation]

Soviet/German Communism failed because the people revolted against tyrannical and oppressive governments - how is this any different?

I may not be able to hack anyone myself, but I am boycotting the RIAA and buying only from artists that release music independently like Radiohead and Trent Reznor.

amaroqwlf

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
[citation][nom]gnookergi[/nom]Ganbatte* Speak it right.[/citation]
[citation][nom]gnookergi[/nom]Ganbatte* Speak it right.[/citation]
"Ganbatte" or "Gambatte" can be perfectly fine. Which one you choose depends entirely on your choice of romaji standards. The romaji standard taught in most American colleges I know personally would use m for the n/m character when it's before a b. However, the romaji standard I see most Japanese use themselves they would put an n there. There is no single correct answer here, but multiple correct answers depending, again, on the current romaji standard you're using.

G

The RIAA and their cohorts went and stepped on the people and now they are being punished for it. That isn't cyberterrorism, it is justice.

korsen

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Cheers all the way. If this is still going on in a few months they'll likely be getting an extra 2P enthusiast dedicated server :)

Status
Not open for further replies.