Rickroll Video Removed Due to Copyright Claim from AVG

Status
Not open for further replies.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Or maybe AVG was just trying to prove how broken YouTube's copyright filters are. I'm trying to give AVG the benefit of the doubt here just out of courtesy of having a kickass Free AV.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Scratch that, I thought it was Avast for some silly reason. For the love of god allow us to edit comments on the TomsGuide domain the same as TomsHardware so we can correct ourselves when we make a complete ass out of ourselves :facepalm:

Puff3r

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
[citation][nom]bison88[/nom]Scratch that, I thought it was Avast for some silly reason. For the love of god allow us to edit comments on the TomsGuide domain the same as TomsHardware so we can correct ourselves when we make a complete ass out of ourselves[/citation]

Your comment was still valid as AVG also has a good free anti-virus suite available.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
The copyright laws in this country are seriously screwed up if this could happen... (at least they took down something that no one cares about though)

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Puff3r[/nom]Your comment was still valid as AVG also has a good free anti-virus suite available.[/citation]

It's not as good as good as it used to be. It's one of the more bloated and less effective AV programs available now.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
Probably some kid posing as AVG to get videos taken down, they did that with ABC(Australian broadcasting) shows like the Chaser.

vittau

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
It has happened before, false copyright claims (and I'm saying someone else did it, not AVG)... YouTube's standard policy in these cases seems to be to shoot first and ask questions later.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
well now AVG just got some cool points from me. :)

Keep the free Anti-Virus software coming. thanks to AVG and other free good Anti-Virus software i haven't been tied down into paying for overbloated Anti-Virus software like Norton and McaFee in over a decade. now

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
I can't believe how many people still think AVG is actually good. I've heard that the newest Norton is even better than AVG now.

Mind you, WinRAR has retained a similar popularity when there is already a far better alternative (7zip, which is also free to boot)

Status
Not open for further replies.