RIG 505 Lava Mic Issue

Project_7

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
Hello,

I just recently purchased this gaming headset for my laptop and was really stoked about it. I have been having issues trying to get the mic to work. The audio is flawless but cannot talk. The headphones came with the splitter but my laptop only has one audio port for sound out only. So I went out and purchased a splitter adapter and that still didn't work just the audio.

Today my Sabrent USB splitter came and still does not work but here's the catch. My laptop reads the USB and the USB set my audio and mic as default but still cannot talk just audio streams.

I am running out of options. I am running Windows 10.

If your laptop only has the single jack, that is output only, then you won't get a mic to work in it. It is not wired for it. This is pretty common anymore with newer laptops.

What you need is one of the following, either a headset/mic that is USB, or get yourself a 3.5mm to USB adapter, then you can use the headphones/microphone that you already have.

Project_7

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

These newer laptops these days I swear. Lol Just to clarify again the 2 x 3.5mm audio stereo splitter still would not work? I would need a single 3.5mm to USB adapter then? Pictured below is my current setup.
2djcch2.jpg

Well if you are splitting it like shown in the photo, and then going through a USB port, might work. But that is additional parts (unless you already have all those parts). It just adds an extra section, where as if it was just using say an adapter, you wouldn't have the extera cable. Just headphones/mic plugged into adapter and adapter plugged into USB.

See I thought you meant you got one that was a splitter and then plugged into a 3.5mm. Which would have been useless, since that output wouldn't accept it.

Project_7

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

Yes I purchased the Audio USB Splitter adapter separately. The headset already came with the default audio splitter. Like you said it might work as I said before my laptop reads the USB connection and both my headset (audio) and mic are set to default as pictured below. I just do not know what is wrong after that.

2cgy07l.jpg

5xo1sk.jpg

Project_7

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

Yes "Show disconnected devices" is checked and my system does not give an option for "bot disabled". Overall could be the way the system is registering the USB.

It very well could be. A combination of how the system registers it and the splitting it before connecting to the USB port. Were it me, I would get myself a direct 3.5mm to USB adapter (can get them usually for under $10) and see if that resolves it.

I really do think the splitting it before connecting it is a major cause.

And if it works, and you only recently got the splitter components, you might be able to get your money back for them.

Project_7

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

Before I purchase anything would a direct 3.5mm to USB adapter look something like this? Link provided below.
http://

Project_7

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

Sweet I have been having a hard time finding that pacific component. You gotta love Amazon Prime. I will keep you posted in the next couple of days. Thank you.

Project_7

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

Houston we have lift off!!! The direct 3.5mm to Audio USB adapter works flawlessly. Thank you for all your help guiding me in the right direction.