RIM Confirms Bold Touch, its Thinnest Phone Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Not bad! It's feature list is certainly an attractive one for people what want a phone with a little of "everything". Pity it doesn't have GPS though.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Not bad! It's feature list is certainly an attractive one for people what want a phone with a little of "everything". Pity it doesn't have GPS though.[/citation]

Why would it not have GPS? It has a compass. I do not believe you.

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Not bad! It's feature list is certainly an attractive one for people what want a phone with a little of "everything". Pity it doesn't have GPS though.[/citation]
Why wouldn't it have GPS? Every blackberry I've ever seen has had GPS, and I don't see why this one would be any different.

jevon

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004
Hmm. I love my 9700 Bold but was close to getting a Storm2 at the time of purchase for the touchscreen. In the end though, I needed the full keyboard with the amount of typing I do... perhaps I will be making an earlier than expected upgrade, depending on how well the touchscreen works/functions.

TeKEffect

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]keith_d[/nom]I love how everyone has been complaining about the lack of 4G. HSPA+ is fast enough.[/citation]
......One person is everyone?

[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]I'm a die hard BB user but no 4G no thanks.[/citation]

keith_d

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
[citation][nom]TeKEffect[/nom]......One person is everyone?[/citation]

Yes, because Tom's is the only tech site on the internet.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
To little too late. They should have marketed this as the original Bold 9000. Infact, besides the 1.2Ghz snapdragon, its 3 year old technology... If they had hit the market with this device THEN, they wouldnt have such serious erosion of their user base NOW.
EFF RIM.. Quality products... just no vision to them..
Android FTW.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I refuse to buy it, unless it has 50 megapixel camera and 8 core CPU.
So that I can replace my DSLR with puny 10 megapixel sensor as well as my PC, with only 4 cores.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]thekurrgan[/nom]To little too late. They should have marketed this as the original Bold 9000. Infact, besides the 1.2Ghz snapdragon, its 3 year old technology... If they had hit the market with this device THEN, they wouldnt have such serious erosion of their user base NOW.EFF RIM.. Quality products... just no vision to them.. Android FTW.[/citation]

Considering my employer would not touch Android or iOS for security reasons and is heavily invested in RIM for all mobile connectivity its pretty nice to see them come out with something like this. While still behind the times a little its hardly 3 year old tech. Quit exaggerating and get real there are thousands of businesses that will be with RIM for years to come.

wawa sxm

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Finally the phone we've been asking for years! bb users love the keyboard why try so hard to be something your not? you should have sold this first, get people use to it and maybe you would have been able to have a viable touch screen platform....i really dislike touch screens thats why i dt have an iphone or android....bb does best whats important to me and i have no need for gps, i live on a 30sq mile island but we do have wi max....its its awsome with what ease i can keep in touch with friends family and business associates from all over the world....just send a bb and the delivered and received feature on bbm is PRICELESS!

Status
Not open for further replies.