RIM Drops PlayBook's Price (Production?) After Kindle Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

It's all about content. Kindle Fire has books, movies, music and games on tap. Playbook just can't compete with it's lack of apps, and the Android emulator is crippled from the get-go. RIM's only hope is to abandon delusions about media consumption and focus on it's unparalleled messaging platform in phones and, possibly--possibly--come back later with a productivity-driven tablet if the QNX phones save them and the Web transitions to a more app-less HTML5 world.

wlachan

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I think the tablet market will soon follow the netbook trail. Think about it. A tablet that does less but cost as much as a full featured notebook? When the fever dies down, so will the market prices. HP was smart to quit b4 too late.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]wlachan[/nom]I think the tablet market will soon follow the netbook trail. Think about it. A tablet that does less but cost as much as a full featured notebook? When the fever dies down, so will the market prices. HP was smart to quit b4 too late.[/citation]

the netbook trail got bad because of tablets. netbooks were so weak all they could be used for is an internet surfing machine and all tablets look like the netbook evolved

i may try to get one of the kindle fires just so i can root it and make it a tablet with a full android OS. if not the 8GB acer iconica is looking good too since it has an SD slot that can use up to a 32GB memory crad

Status
Not open for further replies.