RIM Giving BlackBerry Messenger to Android, iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdoc

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
[citation][nom]invlem[/nom]BBM without a blackberry and blackberry internet services is just another messenger app...[/citation]

That works with people who like bbm. This will make communication between my friend and I easier (he's loyal to BBM) while I'm a fan of iphone.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
This is good news. I'm going to ditch BlackBerry this Spring and switch to Android. So being able to take BBM with me would be a positive thing. :) I like it's look and feel.

fancarolina

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
This makes a lot of sense especially if BlackBerry is gearing up to run Android apps. I'm amazed Apple and Microsoft haven't done this yet with their apps. Just make them run best on your platform then people will want to buy your product.

fivewall

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
I have never owned a blackberry, so please enlighten me on this - what exactly makes it better then texting or an ordinary IM service?

G

please do.... i think the local bbm servers makes the data transfer faster. I don't know about the details, but i know that for low reception areas, bbm IS a lot faster than messaging app likes yahoo or gtalk. Also, i liked the "read" or "delivered" status on bbm, i've had a lot of times where i sent messages using ym only to find out later that they failed to deliver.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
BBM isn't too bad appart from I only have 2 friends with blackberries. Its better than email for sending files, It is good for contacting friends in Europe for free rather than text (They live in Southern Ireland so texts cost international rate from the North >.>) , quicker recieving than email and uses less battery than MSN app. I guess it does have a place. I just wish I could turn it off!! I don't like having my conversations open for everyone who gets my phone to read Actually, I just wish blackberry had password protection for all messages. I hate people getting my phone incase they read messages, esp ones between me and my GF

G

I finally switched from Android to Blackberry, can't wait. Android is so overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.