RIM is Looking to Crash Apple's Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

What? First, you have an anti-Apple tone throughout the whole article. If you are reporting on one company's strategy to compete with another, you can do so without comments like "... Apple is trying to create its own little world within a world ..." You didn't quote it so a reader can only assume it was your choice of words.
"Fluffed up features?" What phone doesn't have features considered fluff by some and necessities by others. I know plenty of people that use a phone to ... make phone calls. They would not be interested in either offering. The sales of iPhones is pretty indicative that they DO have a handle on at least what some people want in a smart phone. This is RIM responding to Apple, not the other way around. So it's RIM's opportunity to show if THEY know how to bring a smart phone to the market that people will want. That said, I think both companies will be successful.

G

actually it is questionable if iphone really is a smartphone. It is more of a fashion one.

christian summer

Distinguished
May 8, 2008
actually it is questionable if iphone really is a smartphone. It is more of a fashion one.

are you serious??? have you ever played with an iphone or touch...especially on a wifi network??? its more of a mini computer with phone and ipod(the touch is ipod only) functionality as its "main" focus...but they sure as hell could suffice as a main business phone for companies now that they work with push email...

G

interesting choice of words. you ask me if I ever "played". Nokia has NGage for ages if you want to play on a mobile phone the working part is most important for a smartphone

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Ive had several phones from HTC running Windows Mobile 6 and I just got the iPhone.. I have to say the iPhone is a much better phone.. Web browsing is great.. Typing takes a little to get used too, but it will never be as easy as my 8525 with the slide out keyboard.. We run our own Blackberry server and all the execs at my company have one.. I cant say about these brand new ones because we dont have them just yet, but the ones we do have are your "standard" Blackberry phones and they blow compared to the iPhone..

crosshares

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]anonimous\'2[/nom]interesting choice of words. you ask me if I ever "played". Nokia has NGage for ages if you want to play on a mobile phone the working part is most important for a smartphone[/citation]

You know pulling out words and taking them out of context doesn't qualify as a good argument. Instead of being ignorant and falling for Apple's marketing which you are, you would realize that the iPhone is a smartphone.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]What? First, you have an anti-Apple tone throughout the whole article. If you are reporting on one company's strategy to compete with another, you can do so without comments like "... Apple is trying to create its own little world within a world ..." You didn't quote it so a reader can only assume it was your choice of words."Fluffed up features?" What phone doesn't have features considered fluff by some and necessities by others. I know plenty of people that use a phone to ... make phone calls. They would not be interested in either offering. The sales of iPhones is pretty indicative that they DO have a handle on at least what some people want in a smart phone. This is RIM responding to Apple, not the other way around. So it's RIM's opportunity to show if THEY know how to bring a smart phone to the market that people will want. That said, I think both companies will be successful.[/citation]

This is a joke right? RIM made the smartphone business everyone else is sub par. All RIM is trying to do now is attract all the apple kiddies that like stupid fetures and make more money. If you ask me apple makes nothing worth buying and thier paper weight of a brick phone is no exception there. The storm might be interesting but whos knows till it comes out.

Apple pounched into a market and if it wants to keep it, They will have to keep working on it. Rim is just trying to close the door on them before they step all the way into thier domain. Perosnaly after seeing everything Rim and other companys are putting out i see no good reason at all (especialy the shitty network apple went with) to even get a iphone.

I dont think i would personaly consider a i phone a smart phone yet. more of a tablet then anytithing. But it is about time they added some of the buesiness fetures RIm has been using for a long time. Maybe version 4 apple can make a phone they can truely call a smart phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.