RIM Shows Off New Features of BlackBerry OS 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I have to say, being a BB Storm 2 owner I'm pretty excited about this. My blackberry does what I need it to better than almost any other smart phone (calls and e-mail) but maybe we'll finally get a nice enough UI that I might actually start doing some media things with it too. (Right now not so hot media wise)

I have my fingers crossed.

MiamiU

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
the BB will fail at multimedia stuff because of its fat squarish screen. BB and Microsoft can fight for 3rd place I guess....

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Interesting. I tried out a BlackBerry Storm2 at Futureshop a while ago, and couldn't figure out how to do basic tasks. Of course, that was my first time ever using it, so its probably mostly my fault.

Hopefully they made it more consumer-friendly though. That's never a bad thing.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I actually liked the first teaser better. It told me almost everything the second one did with a lot more style. Anyone who was confused by the first teaser is the type of person who would be confused by a smart phone to begin with, and probably not the target audience anyway.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]MiamiU[/nom]the BB will fail at multimedia stuff because of its fat squarish screen. BB and Microsoft can fight for 3rd place I guess....[/citation]
Ugh, where to begin... fat and squarish? Well which one - fat or squarish? The 2 terms contradict each other. But that is irrelevant anyway, because the resolution of a blackberry screen is standard to a computer screen so who knows what you even mean by that.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]MiamiU[/nom]the BB will fail at multimedia stuff because of its fat squarish screen. BB and Microsoft can fight for 3rd place I guess....[/citation]

Blackberry is still killing apple, and last time I checked android. No im not a fanboy I have an android phone and like it better than my blackberries of past. I am just saying Blackberries arent going to be fighting for third place. Especially with what you can do in the enterprise sector with them. A business doesnt give two craps that you want a pretty phone, or that you want to watch videos.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
do people really thumbtext that fast? the proficiency of using mobile devices amazes me and yet the same people are at the mercy of a simple stop sign.

branflakes71

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
As a Blackberry Curve owner, I'm looking forward to the new OS. I've been wanting to upgrade my Curve to a newer model, but want a new OS before taking the plunge.

This OS looks to have the improvements BB users have been waiting for...a real web browser (finally!) and friendlier UI. Otherwise, Blackberry already has the features Android and Apple have, they're just not as intuitive in the current OS.

MitchMeister-

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
You know what keeps BB's out doing most smart phones in the business sector? Three Words: Blackberry Enterprise Server. Flawless integration with exchange = a lot of happy workers.

I love my BB Storm. Went from an Omnia with windows mobile and the storms way of doing everything is so much better. The email setup and media functions work great. I will be looking into a Droid 2 or X in a few months, mainly for speed (I use my phone for a ton of things), but still am very fond of RIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS