RIM's BlackBerry Fusion Will Support Android and Apple iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]tanjo[/nom]If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.[/citation]
Yep, that is the author's caption below the title.

Onto other thoughts, I'm pleased to see BlackBerry not going completely belly-up. They are trying to adapt, which is comendable.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Smart move, I still like bberry for business way more than my iphone. The blackberry is solid and secure. Iphone still seems like a toy novelty by comparison.

G

I disagree.... Working as a consultant to several fortune 500 companies, I have been exposed to the several management pitfalls that BB/RIM imposes. One of the largest complaints for Enterprises is the lack of pnative support for Microsoft Exchange, which already offers many of the features FUSION lists. The overhead in both costs and management BES requires isn't justified. Until RIM changes that, the trend away from BB will continue.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I applaud the idea, but I think many enterprises and government agencies will be reluctant to have "foreign" devices in their environment. Still, it's good to see RIM trying to follow the trends instead of standing against the grain. Maybe there's hope for them after all.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]it will make the guys in IT happier that have to deal with the stubborn apple nuts that refuse to accept a blackberry for there work phones[/citation]
Maybe because blackberry phones.... I dunno... sucked.

Umm, maybe I'm a little slow. Would someone who understood the article tell me what the H-E-double-toothpicks it means? My best guess is that is has nothing to do with the device pictured, but provides a central management tool that manages (whatever the ditto that means) Blackberrys, Apply devices, and Android devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.