RIM's PlayBook Dated & Priced, Pre-Orders Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
If the rumors about it running Android apps come to fruition I will be interested. The dual 1080P cameras is kind of cool. I love my BB phone so this intrigues me.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]PudgyChicken[/nom]It says "1GHz dual processor"... Unless it's a 2p system, you should change it to "dual core."[/citation]

Maybe it is a 2p system, probably not though for power reasons.

Oh and is this the tablet that can also run android apps?

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
The 1080p HDMI output is pretty cool and so are the dual 1080p cameras. I would be interested if I knew how many types of video files it can play. And also if it's capable of Netflix, Hulu and flash. I think there is an android app for netflix so if that would work I might be game.. except the one MAJOR downside... $499 - Tack on 1 or 2 hundred more and you've got a decent laptop. is it odd that I think these things should be cheaper than laptops? I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation.

rcmaniac25

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
@dark_lord69: Flash was one of the first selling points presented when the PlayBook was introduced. Netflix and Hulu will have dedicated apps if it happens to run Android apps, otherwise you should be able to use the browser versions.

I will be interested to see how/if this gets popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.