Riven Arrives for iOS Weighing Over 1 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

dread_cthulhu

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Ahhh Myst... I thought my wife and I were the only ones still in love with those games! Glad to hear Cyan is still working to get these excellent adventures out to the public! Best puzzle games... ever!

androticus

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
WARNING: Do NOT try to download these large apps on your device! It takes forever and things get royally messed up. Download them in iTunes then sync.

G

I downloaded Myst onto my 3gs no problem, took maybe 30 or so minutes to complete. I am really excited to see Riven though, I was trying to find out if Cyan was going to port it a few months ago, glad to they actually did. Now I REALLY need to consider iPad for my father... those are the only games he plays, and there is no hint of an android port :(

astidcrisse

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
Btw, something the writer doesn't seem to know, the Iphone won't let you download apps over 20mb on 3G, it asks you use a wifi connection at least

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
OMG all the crap in he world has been ported to iOS. Maybe it is time to release the original Spacewar! too???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacewar!

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Oh noes! An application that's 1GB in size!!

Big deal. What difference does it make? How the heck is this news? Oh thats right...we keep forgetting that these are shitty little devices and not an actual computer. The reason you run "apps" is 1) your web surfing experience sucks at say geico.com so bad that you need a dedicated geico.com app to do anything useful. 2) You can't run "appLICATIONS".

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Okay, so I was hooked on Myst years ago, and even bought the iPhone version not too long ago. Frankly, it's showing its age and replaying the same game in a different format doesn't really do it for me either. It was great at the time since you were able to get amazing visuals despite graphics cards of the days back then were nowhere close to rendering that in real time. Today, in light of the Unreal3 engine etc. it feels kinda lame. Needless to say, fond memories of Myst turned into disappointment, and I am sure staying away from Riven.

Status
Not open for further replies.