Robotoki's 'Human Element' Prequel is Ouya Exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

sylvez

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
When you say a game is Ouya's exclusive, what does that mean? Ouya is on Android. A hardware bit to prevent the game from running on other Android devices?

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
I would guess that it could be coded closer to the hardware, regular console style.

Anyone developing for it would not have to worry about or support all the various sets of hardware of phones. From chipsets to everything else. Especially equipment of varying degrees of capability.

In other words I bet you could get stuff for just it to run on (possibly through hacking) similar tegra3 hardware. I don't think it would easily work on other things, dual core phones or stuff that have older OS versions for example.

The most simple answer would be that whatever marketplace it uses wouldn't let you buy the game without being on that particular hardware.

holodust

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Definitely system seller /end sarcasm (oh, and I am actually looking forward to Human Element, just not this "vaporware console" prequel exclusivity)

On serious note, before people again start shouting about "openness", indie and similar stuff - how many people would enjoy games like Limbo or Journey if they were not on platforms they were on? All I can see is yet another XBLIG like shovelware market, but on new (underpowered) hardware.

marthisdil

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
[citation][nom]sylvez[/nom]When you say a game is Ouya's exclusive, what does that mean? Ouya is on Android. A hardware bit to prevent the game from running on other Android devices?[/citation]
Probably means it'll be sold/whatever, only on the Ouya's store and not on Google Play. I'd sure some folks will find a way to sideload it on other devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.