Rock Band 3 Announced by MTV, EA and Harmonix

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
A keyboard. Then we wouldn't have to play those keyboard riffs on the guitar, which makes us all look like idiots :p.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
No offense to Rock Band gamers out there, but the rock band series was not the originator of rocking out at home as the subtitle suggests. Guitar Hero holds that title.

poseidon2112

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
"No offense to Rock Band gamers out there, but the rock band series was not the originator of rocking out at home as the subtitle suggests. Guitar Hero holds that title."

Well..no... actually,the guys who make the Rock Band series (Harmonix)are the guys who started the Guitar Hero franchise. Once Neversoft/Activision bought out the Guitar Hero name (before GH3 came out) Harmonix went off to create the Rock Band series.

zaam

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
A more durable foot petal for the drum kit. Mine is barely held together by duct tape right now.

chrisjust98

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
[citation][nom]zaam[/nom]A more durable foot petal for the drum kit. Mine is barely held together by duct tape right now.[/citation]

I had to do the same thing, only I had to cut a paint mixer to make it sturdier.

G

I wish there were some device/plugin that could allow a real guitar/bass to be plugged in and used rater than a ten button piece of plastic. I would like the same for drums but I can't think of an easy way to implement that sort of thing.

wonspur

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
i played rock band for a bit only because i was sick of watching my friends use my TV and my xbox play it so i decided to see what it was like. I liked it until i realized what i was actually doing.... would have been awesome if i had spent that time ripping on a real guitar.

hajila

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
The beatles drum pedal that just came out is only $25 and it's partially metal. Mine is holding up much better after that crappy plastic one broke. Perhaps that will be the big upgrade in RB3. It's the same as RB1 & 2, except stuff doesn't break :)

hajila

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
PS: Wonspur, I always thought the same thing. Being a guitar/bass player, I never understood the appeal of the game. I changed my opinion when I saw some tournament level players tearing up GH and found out that they were very qualified musicians. Most top players are. After playing guitar for a while, I've found it's fun to just break loose and play a fun little game like GH or RB.

si7entsam

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
[citation][nom]zaam[/nom]A more durable foot petal for the drum kit. Mine is barely held together by duct tape right now.[/citation]
Really, do you have the rock band 2 drum set? Because i think it had a metal pad on it to avoid snapping in half like the rock band one drum sets did. Also the rock band 2 drum sets were alot more responsive and less thwacky when you hit them.

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Um, can we get less random song selection? Meaning don't pick a random song by a famous artist... pick THE song by that artist. The one everyone knows and wants to play.

Brent_NC

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
How about songs and groups people actually heard of? I always loved the idea of picking a famous group and then the song that not a single person on the planet never heard. How about the top 3 songs across all genre's for the past 15 years. That would work.

l3g3ndatw0rk

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
For anyone who's not likin the drum kits that come with either rb or gh, get yourselves an ion drum kit. They can b used on all games, and can even be used as an actual kit if you buy a seperate drum brain. The kit isn't cheap, but well worth the investment! I much prefer Rb to gh, and I'm looking forward to the new features it's bound to contain. They're a clever company, and they're well aware of the fact that they need to make the next one something special. Rb will b the next myspace in terms of revolutionising the music industry. Mark my words!
I also like the fact that rb releases songs I've never heard of. There r countless bands and sings I'd never have had the pleasure of listening to if it wasn't for them.
Rb will not let us down, they can't afford to! They've done so much already, the next one has to have new and brilliant ideas, otherwise they won't convince people who own rb1 and/or 2 to buy it. They'll only get customers, and that's jus bad business

Status
Not open for further replies.